ISP2Config issue on Centos 6

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by psk, Feb 20, 2012.

1. psk

psk New Member

followed the direction at: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-u...rier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-centos-6.2-x86_64

when patching postfix VDA, I get the following error:

(echo "# Do not edit -- this file documents how Postfix was built for your machine."; /bin/sh makedefs) >makedefs.tmp
    ATTENTION:
    ATTENTION: Unknown system type: Linux 3.0.18-x86_64-linode24
    ATTENTION:
    make: *** [Makefiles] Error 1
    make: *** [makefiles] Error 2
    error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.UoUf41 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.UoUf41 (%build)

Any ideas / fixes? Driving me nuts.. Googling doesn't help.

Thanks In Advance.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    getenforce
    ?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The howto that you followed is incompatible with ISPConfig 2. ISPConfig 2 uses a linux system user setup to manage email accounts while you used a guide for apostfix virtual user setup. So your setup can not work with ispconfig 2 and recompiling postfix is not required for ISPConfig 2.

You wil have tp decide what you want? A virtual user setup, then follow the guide above and dont install ispconfig2. If you want to use ispconfig 2, then dont use the guide above and instaed ise a perfect setup guide for ispconfig 2.

If you want to use a virtual user setup for email with a controlpanel, then you might want to use ispconfig 3 and this guide here instead:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-6.2-x86_64-with-apache2-ispconfig-3

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  4. psk

psk New Member

The results are disabled.

It's disabled. (I'm assuming you're talking about SELINUX). another way to tell (for the masses as I'm sure you already know) is "sestatus"

Well.. Works on CentOS anyways.. lol.

5. psk

psk New Member

Looking for the following....

I'm looking for virtual users and domains in a mysql database using maildir format. I don't understand why the guide would be incompatible. I'm running CentOS-6. Did I miss something?

Personally, I dislike control panels as they do nothing but lead to yet another attack vector. Assuming someone did get into my server once I've locked it down, I'd like to assume they're too dumb to know enough SQL. (security through stupidity). Half the crackers out there are script kiddies (I'm guessing).

-P

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You posted here in the forum of the controlpanel "ISPConfig 2" and not the generalLinux forum. So everyone has to assume that you use ispconfig 2, especially as you put this in the subject of your post too.

I moved your post to the general linux forum now.

7. psk

psk New Member

Thank You.

Thank You. I'm still getting the hang of the forum layout. Sorry for the mistake. So the reality is which post do I need to follow? I'm completely confused. Blame it on lack of coffee.

;)

8. falko

9. gnunix

gnunix New Member

Any luck?

Is there any resolution to this error when compiling postfix on linode kernels? I have been following the correct tutorial that falko has pointed out and have never install ISPconfig (The title of the thread it incorrect). I will gladly start a new thread or post and configs that may be needed.

Thanks!

ATTENTION:
    ATTENTION: Unknown system type: Linux 3.0.18-x86_64-linode24
    ATTENTION:
    make: *** [Makefiles] Error 1
    make: *** [makefiles] Error 2
    error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.F2Ntpn (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.F2Ntpn (%build)

10. falko

Please open a new thread with the full error message.