CentOS upgrade and BIND

Discussion in 'Technical' started by FSNTiger, Dec 18, 2011.

1. FSNTiger

FSNTiger Member

After completing an upgrade to CentOS 6 to 6.1, the Bind service would not start. Upon further investigation the Bind service reported 2 zones which had errors. After deleting these zones, I was able to start the Bind service. Before the upgrade there were no problems and the service was able to start and restart without issue.

My question is this:
    What in the upgrade from 6 to 6.1 could be causing problems, or is ISPConfig not compatible? (My guess is it works ok, just something in the upgrade, I do not know if there was a Bind update)
    If a service is not started, should not the ISPConfig monitor screen show an error?
    These zones were created in ISPConfig, is there a problem with how ISPConfig is saving them? (I am not thinking so since my other 8 zones work fine)

The error I was given was the zones contained no A records, yet from the ISPConfig control panel they had A records, same ones they had before the upgrade.

I am assuming this is an isolated incident, but I cannot be certain. I only have 3 ISPConfig servers, 2 of which are mirror DNS. Once I deleted those records they both came back online, so I have no other server to test on. I have an unconfigured testing environment which took the upgrades, but alas it has no DNS records so the error did not show up.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

2. Hostech

Hostech New Member

Please past output here of this file /etc/resolve.conf :D