I can't create DB's on Multiserver setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pancheitor, Mar 6, 2012.

1. pancheitor

pancheitor New Member

Hi all,
    I have installed ISPconfig 3.0.4.3 in a multiserver setup.
    The installation finished fine, then when I create a database, seems to be ok in the panel, but nothing is created on the database server.

Somebody knows what's happens?

Thank you!

Pedro

2. arspoetica

arspoetica New Member

Did you already setup and select the client?

3. pancheitor

pancheitor New Member

Hi,
    Yes, I installed the db server fine (I think :) ). I can see the server on my ISPconfig panel, and I create for my reseller user the database.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are ther any jobs listed in the jobqueue in the ispconfig monitor?

5. pancheitor

pancheitor New Member

Hi,

Yes, I see an insert action of web_database on the queue. How can I solve it?

Thanks!!

Pedro

6. till

This means that your slave server is not able to get the jobs from the master server. The most likely reason for this is a installation problem e.g. wrong settings in /etc/hosts on one or both servers of the cluster as mysql is not able to verify the hosts now. Mysql is very picky on that and if the hosts file syntax is not exactly as decsribed in the multiserver guide, then the cluster will fail.

You can verify this by trying a connect from the slave to the amster with the mysql commandline tool by using the master login details from the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php

7. SpeedyB

SpeedyB Member HowtoForge Supporter

Similar problem

Hello,

Sorry to take over the thread, but I have a similar problem. Only in my case the database is created, but the associated user is not.
    I have also a multi server setup. I just found that my master has version 3.0.4 and my slave has 3.0.4.3
    I haven't been able to upgrade the master yet. But could it be a problem between versions?
    The JobQueue is empty.

Regards,

Bas Steelooper

8. till

Yes, thats the most likely reason for the problem. All servers in a multiserver setup must have the same version.