Can't login to Squirrellmail !

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bobbob, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bobbob

bobbob New Member

Helo to everybody ,

I installed on Fedora 15 like this : Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Fedora 15 x86_64)

http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-u...urier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-fedora-15-x86_64

Added an user (all rights) named "falko" ,added email adress "[email protected]" in MySQL data base (MyPHPadmin) ,forwarded "[email protected]" to "[email protected]" ...tested: sent a message from [email protected] to [email protected] and received it in [email protected] about 10 seconds.
    Problem is I can't login to Squirrelmail . I tried with "falko" , [email protected] shows : "droped by IMAP server"
    What the problem ? Somebody knows ? THK

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The problem probably is that Maildir doesn't exist because mails are forwarded to an external account. Anyway, there won't be any emails in that account so why do you want to log in?

3. bobbob

bobbob New Member

@falko ...thk for answer
    I want to log in , cos mydomain and "[email protected]" will be only one address forwarded . I'll create 6 domain x 5-6 email address . For the begining how to do to log in ? Do you know ? Thk for help !

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You need to send a welcome mail first to the accounts that you want to log into. That will create all necessary directories, and afterwards you can log in.

5. bobbob

bobbob New Member

I sent a lot of mails ..no directories seem to get created . Where would be created the directories ? I have to do manually .

I installed : " Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Fedora 15 x86_64) "

Please help me !!!!

6. TiTex

TiTex Member

bob , look in your postfix database and delete the transport
    empty the transport table since you mail server/webserver is the same as your dns mail exchange record points to the same server.

i don't know why it's working for falko but for it's not ... maybe i'm doing something wrong but after i've done that and sent a wellcome message to the mailbox everything worked as it should

7. bobbob

bobbob New Member

@TiTex you are smart... deleted "transport" in data base , sent an email and it created in vmail directories...I found /home/vmail/"mydomain"/"user"/new/ 2 emails sent by me. Perfect!
    After I tried log into squirrellmail but error :

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
    •The website is under maintenance.
    •The website has a programming error.

What the matter.....Please help ! THK

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  8. bobbob

bobbob New Member

I sent a welcome mail , but I can't log into this acconts...show me that error page ...What to do ?

9. TiTex

TiTex Member

you most likely mist something in the SquirrelMail configuration , recheck please all the steps and see if you did everything "by the book" and check your apache log files in /var/log/http for more details why are you getting the 500 error

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. bobbob

bobbob New Member

I found the mistake ....had to comment last line in config.php :

// $password_update_queries = array(
    // 'UPDATE users SET crypt_password = %4 WHERE username = "%1"',
    // 'UPDATE user_flags SET force_change_pwd = 0 WHERE username = "%1"',
    // 'UPDATE users SET crypt_password = %4, force_change_pwd = 0 WHERE username = "%1"',
    // );
    lost it in edit work....
    Squirrell mail's OK. THK to everybody !!!!