from nginx to apache

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jpucik, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jpucik

jpucik New Member

Hello please how is the best way switch from nginx to apache on live website ? because cscart is not working pretty well with nginx

Many thanks

2. dclardy

dclardy Member

There is no way to switch from one webserver to the other. You have to do a reinstall.

3. cyprus

cyprus New Member

Why is it possible to switch form nginx to apache and no way back.
    I´m facing the same problem so I´m asking as well.

Cyprus

4. jpucik

jpucik New Member

I think everything is possible

I think is possible I did not try yet because nginx seems to be a better choice for cscart and hope we will catch these small problems up by the way :) Just we had problem that we were not able to see contact form but this issue has been resolved by guys from cscart now we have two small problems

first we cant turn on ssl through cscart but ssl is working hope guys will do something
    and second is same problem with tracking dispatch hope they do something soon too :)

If not then I will uninstall php mysql and nginx and then try install again with apache but cant see any problem when would be need reinstall whole machine :)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not do a clean switch from apache to nginx and you can not switch from nginx to apache without messing up the system configuration of all existing sites. Apache and nginx use different configuration files and php setups, so you can not esaily exchange the webserver in a existing install.

6. cyprus

cyprus New Member

Okay that´s a clear statement.
    Thank you very much.