The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Apache2...) - quota problem.

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Diggo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Diggo

Diggo New Member

Hi folks,

i´ve recently got a problem following this howto.

When it comes to the step to activate the quota, my system says:
    in english it should be like: "no fitting process found. quotaformat not supported by the kernel"

Here is my setup:
    I try to do the howto in a DomU (KVM not Xen) on a freshly installed ubuntu 11.10 then immediately updated to 12.04 LTS and then run the old 11.10 howto.
    Altough some points were added like the mailman and stuff, the 12.04 howto is mostly the same, so i thought i´d ask my quesion here ;)

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you use the default Ubuntu kernel, or some custom kernel?

3. Diggo

Diggo New Member

Since i have it set up via the other KVM howto ("Installing KVM Guests...") it uses the "*-virtual" kernel. Maybe this is a good hint. Seems like i can´t get around using a different kernel huh?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as i know, quota wont work with the virtual kernel. There was the same problem a few days ago with a vm from amazon which uses that kernel too.

5. Diggo

Diggo New Member

Seems like i can use the "linux-image-extra-virtual" kernel package to add quota support :)

I googled about that package but i can´t find a good source with information about that package, e.g. a comparsion to the normal "linux-image-virtual" package :(