Upgrade Ubuntu 10.4 LTS to 12.4 LTS -> any/known isconfig 3 issues?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by highlander111, Apr 20, 2012.

1. highlander111

highlander111 New Member

Hi Community,

has anyone here already upgraded from Ubuntu 10.4 LTS (with ispconfig 3 installed) to Ubuntu 12.4 LTS (Beta 2 right now)? What is your expierience? Does everything still work?

Thanks in advance!
    Highlander

2. pititis

pititis Member

Not yet, but I will

Beta versions? no thanks (Stable release 26.4.12)

I will post here any issue

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

What major changes do you expect in the next 6 days?

4. pititis

pititis Member

Ask in ubuntu, not to me.

I'm just waiting for the stable release, is there a problem with this terrible decision?

5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Either change already to 12.04 or wait another 3-4 months... jumping in on the release date won't be much different from today... however waiting 3-4 months while a large body has installed it really does make a difference.

6. highlander111

highlander111 New Member

Ok, thanks for your replies.

I just tried it and upgraded. What i can tell so far is that everything in ISPconfig (still) works as expected, however, i did not test everything thoroughly.
    This was my first Ubuntu OS-Upgrade (was using SuSE for ages), and I'm impressed by the upgrade mechanism, everything worked fine. Concerning the installler questions, I did nothing else than keeping the config-files ISPconfig has written to (Apache, Postfix etc).

7. carlosmay

carlosmay New Member

error

On my computer the system does not shutdown after type halt as root only freezes and does not let my do anything else

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'd use
    Code:
    shutdown -h now
    instead.

9. paul_et

paul_et New Member

In Addition do

I was told by a very knowledgeable person to always perform a:
    "sync" wait a couple of seconds and "sync" again when ever shuting down the system. What sync does is flush out the memory buffers. Then perform the shutdown command. It's not real critical in single user mode but if your running any programs it's good to do.
    paul_et

10. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Wny upgrade OS if the current version works everything that you need?

11. carlosmay

carlosmay New Member

I am not updating i was installing for the first time, ubuntu server 12.04 works fine now