Integration of Mailman into a working ISPConfig 3 setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jlscott, Jun 4, 2012.

1. jlscott

jlscott New Member

I have an ISP Config 3 server setup on Centos 6 X86_64 as per the "Perfect Server" instructions.

I now want to add Mailman lists. The manual only advises that Mailman should be installed BEFORE ISPConfig 3. I did not do this, and so I would like to know how to install and integrate it afterwards.

I have installed mailman, and can create mail lists using the ISPConfig control panel. I have integrated it into apache and can get to the Mailman administration pages for each list.

However, there is some part of the integration into Postfix that is eluding me. Mailman has the virtual alias files:
    "/etc/mailman/aliases" and "/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman". Do these need to be included in the list of virtual_alias_maps in the Postfix main.cf file, or should their information be in the mySQL database?

Advice on the configuration steps required to integrate mailman into a working ISPConfig setup would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'd download ISPConfig again and then run
    Code:
    php update.php
    from the install directory. This should take care of everything.

3. jlscott

jlscott New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it, but it didn't work. Not only did it fail to integrate Mailman into the Postfix configuration, but it lost a number of other customisations I had made to Postfix to support mail outside of ISPConfig.

I will leave Mailman for the time being and use a different easy to manage mail list program (mlmmj).

Cheers.