ISPConfig 3.0.5

Discussion in 'General' started by erkan, Sep 2, 2012.

1. erkan

erkan Member

Will ISPConfig 3.0.5 be released soon?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, it will be released soon. WE will release a first alpha version of 3.0.5 next week.

3. erkan

erkan Member

Nice! It will be great to finally be able to use PHP-FPM on Apache!

4. concept21

concept21 Active Member

With Software Installer??? :D

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, with software installer. :)

6. pititis

pititis Member

Awesome, Thank you!

7. cassus

cassus New Member

will it be save to update from 3.0.3.3? Or should I update to 3.0.4. now instead?

8. cfoe

cfoe Member

you should not skip a major release.
    Update to 3.0.4.6 now so you have the best basis for 3.0.5

Why did you not update to 3.0.4.x in the past?
    If you are concerned with problems in the first release of a major version step you could wait for a 3.0.5.1 but if the build is as good as I aspect it to be it might take some time until a fix release .1 is released

9. cassus

cassus New Member

ok, thanks, I will update to 3.0.4.6. first.

OT:
    Is it good idea to let the updater to reconfigure services during update? I did some tweaking in mysql, apache etc settings in /etc manually. Will updater respect my settings, or will it rewrite that completely to default? thanks

10. cfoe

cfoe Member

I do not really know what has changed between 3.0.3.x and 3.0.4.x but I would not reconfigure the services is you have changed the config files manually.

But please wait for someone else to correct me or back me on this

11. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Any news on version 3.0.5?

12. cfoe

cfoe Member

3.0.5 is pretty complete but will take at least until the end of September to get finalized.

If you have not tested the SVN version you can look forward for a big leap forward :) It is worth the wait.

13. scottrill2

scottrill2 Member

Bumpage

Any NEW news on version 3.0.5? :D

Scott

14. cfoe

cfoe Member

Beta is out.
    No big issues - as expected.
    I do not know how many are testing the beta but it looks good...

15. scottrill2

scottrill2 Member

lol

Cfoe,

Is that developer speak for "It is awesome and will be released as stable by Christmas" ?? lol

I know its gonna "look good". I know its gonna "rock AND roll". I was more looking for a release date without actually having to whine about asking for one lol

Scott

16. cfoe

cfoe Member

Due to some time issues I was not able (and am not yet either) to be as involved in the development of 3.0.5 as I would have liked.
    Till is the maintainer and the only one who can give you a correct estimate on the release.

Beta means that there are no features missing. Everything needs work smoothly.
    If no errors will be found the beta could even be released as the as the stable version but...
    Because no one wants to run a beta version in production it takes some time and testers to check everything for issues.

I am as crazy for the release as you ;-)

17. scottrill2

scottrill2 Member

Paging Dr. Till......

So Till,

Tell us. Are you gonna give us the stable release of 3.0.5 as a thanksgiving gift, a Christmas gift, or a New Years Gift :) (thats 11/22/2012, 12/25/2012, and 01/01/2013 respectively)

Now those are USA holidays, I would be equally happy to receive 3.0.5 as a gift on:

Nikolaustag day

Heiligabend night

Weihnachten day

Silvester night

If you get it finished after Nikolaustag day hell I'll even take Mariä
    Empfängnis day gifts too :)

Happy Holidays!!

Scott

P.S. If I have inadvertently butchered German Holidays, the blame solely lies at the feet of Larry Page and google :)

18. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no release date yet for ISPConfig 3.0.5. We are curently testing the beta and fix the remaining issues that are listed in the bugtracker, when the issues are fixed, then I will release a 3.0.5 RC.

ISPConfig versions get released when we feel that they are stable enough for production use, it will help nobody if we will release unfinished software just because we set a release date on day X.

If you want to use 3.0.5 right now, the download it from svn 3.0.5 stable branch and install it, this would be the same as if we said release date is today. You get the software will all issues that are not marked as closed in the bugtracker at the given date.

19. scottrill2

scottrill2 Member

Manual Update

Hola folks,

I know you are working your tails off getting 3.0.5 out the door stable. But a new question popped into my head today.

How long after 3.0.5 is released as stable do you think it will be before the manual is updated and then some new "perfect server" tuts come out?

Wishing everyone a happy and joyous holiday season!!

Thanks all,

Scott

20. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm currently working on the updated manual. I hope to have it ready when 3.0.5 is released.

The latest "Perfect Server" tutorials for Ubuntu 12.10 were written with 3.0.5 in mind. :)