Changing Autoresponder Subject

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ZeroEnna, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to use the Autoresponder to send a message like "Dear sender, thank you for your mail. We will come back to you as soon as possible."
    It technically works, but the Subject reads "Out of office reply".
    is there a way to change it (maybe hardcoded?)

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

ZeroEnna

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the aotoresponder templates in the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/

3. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Quick and easy way, thank you very much

Regards

Zero

4. till

When you store your modified copy in the conf-custom folder then it does not get overwritten on ispconfig update.

5. norbie

norbie New Member

Just a quick question,
    where and how did you find the templates? Cause I don't have any templates in this location.

TNX

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The default templates are in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/; /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/ is empty by default.

7. norbie

norbie New Member

Thanks Falko,
    I found something inside the sieve_filter.master and sieve_filter_1.2.master that looks like the subject line. I do have a mailserver on a different machine, not virtual.
    Multi Server Setup, with four server!
    So I have the ispconfig /conf /custom-conf on both machines and probably on the DNS1 and DNS2 machine, but I am not concerned about them.
    I suppose that the one or two that need modification are on the mail server.
    In any case I went and modified whatever I could find.
    An interesting observation I made, was that if I get an auto response from the master server domain, (ALSO THE MAIL DOMAIN) it's the "Out of Office" subject line. If I get an auto response from a different domain, I get my modified version.
    I thought I had them all, apparrently I must have overlooked something.

Thanks for your input!

8. till

The autoresponder file has to be modified on the mail server that receives the mail only.