Stats directory permission is denied on write?

Discussion in 'General' started by Code5, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Code5

Code5 New Member

:::: Regarding ISPConfig 3.0.1.3 ::::

Hi all, im trying to upload some files into one of my domains /stats folder but i keep getting the error "permission denied" on write.

Ive tried to login and create the files manually within the stats directory under the main root user of the system. I tried using vi-editor and then went to save the script and, the same, could not write to folder please change permissions.

Now ive looked at the permissions of the folder and from Cuteftp all other folders have the owner name "5004" which is wierd, and the stats folder has the owner of 0, no other folder has the "0" ownership.

Now within ispconfig ver.2, the owner name from within Cuteftp brings back the right name which is the user of the domain, not a number.

My question is, how do i modify the stats folder so that files can be uploaded or even created within that directory?

Hope you can understand what i mean here, and thanks for any help as im finding this very tedious.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The stats directory in ispconfig 3 shall not be accessble for uploads by the user, thats why it is owned by the root user. If you want to change that, you will have to change the code of the apache plugin and / or the code in the cron-daily.php script.

3. Code5

Code5 New Member

Thanks.

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to Linux based systems, is there any chance you can provide me with some form of informational guide on how to do this?

Many thanks.

OS = Ubuntu 9.04 Server & ISPConfig 3.0.1.3

4. Code5

Code5 New Member

Please could you tell me where i can find either the Apache plugin, or cron-daily.php files?

Thanks.

------------------

Found the file cron_daily.php in location

/usr/local/ispconfig/server

Which part of this file do i need to modify, and if im adding code what code should i add?

Many thanks.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  5. NdK

NdK Member

Regarding stats...

Is it possibl to disable statistics generation from panel just for some sites?

Since it seems I can't access stats/ dir when Drupal is installed, it's quite useless to generate them.

6. till

no.

I guess thats a problem with a .htaccess file from drupal. You can try to change the .htaccess file so that it excludes the stats directory.

7. NdK

NdK Member

It's strange. Expecially since the rewriting starts with
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    so it should automatically exclude from rewrite existing files and directories.
    Tried adding
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/stats/
    w/o success.

8. NdK

NdK Member

Sorry to up this thread. But I still can't access stats/ if drupal's htaccess is in place, and can't figure out WHY!
    Rewritecond should detect that I'm requesting existing files, so it shouldn't rewrite.
    Tried disabling stats access control, but still no luck.
    Tried changing permissions: nada.
    Don't know where to bang my head next...

Any hint?

Tks.

9. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

I'd like to find an answer to this one too since it's affecting our Joomla sites SEF / .htaccess files.

10. astewart

astewart New Member

Please let me know if you find a solution for this.
    I had sh404sef installed for Joomla but was unable to access the stats folder.

I have no idea how to get this to work and I got no repsonse over at the sh404sef forums either :(

11. NdK

NdK Member

Even worse

Only bad news...

I just created a new site. There, more or less, stats access works, but only if I use /stats/index.html !
    On another site, it works only if I remove /stats/.htaccess ...

I'm getting mad at this...

12. till

Then you must have defined a different directory Index in another .htaccess file in this site.

Then you use another .htaccess file in this site that somehow conflicts with the one in the satts directory. Take a look at the error log for the detailed error message.

I really dont know why you have any problems with that, I use this for years with all kind of cms systems and never ahd any problem to access the statistics.

13. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

If you have problems with stats make sure that...

1) You have created a password for the site on ISPConfig3
    (User is admin) If this dont work then you get 500 error.
    (Check the .htpasswd_stats file.)

server43: ls -ahl /var/www/shop.internet-content.net/ total 28K
    drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4.0K 2009-09-08 13:13 .
    drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 4.0K 2009-09-04 13:20 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 web22 client1 4.0K 2009-09-01 13:54 cgi-bin
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 40 2009-09-08 13:13 .htpasswd_stats
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 web22 client1 50 2009-09-01 13:54 log -> /var/log/ispconfig/http /shop.internet-content.net
    drwxr-xr-x 2 web22 client1 4.0K 2009-09-01 13:54 ssl
    drwxrwxrwx 3 web22 client1 4.0K 2009-09-02 16:13 tmp
    drwxr-xr-x 19 web22 client1 4.0K 2009-09-02 16:17 web

2) If you only can see 1 days worth of data make sure to edit /etc/webalizer/webalizer.conf
    Incremental yes

3) If you have moved your site from ISPConfig2 server make sure that the web/stats/ folder does not contain any old .ht**** files.

4) If you have custom .htaccess file on your /web/ root try to rename it and see if the stats start to work.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  14. kryss05

kryss05 New Member

Copy the contents of stats/htacces to the file htacces (wordpress, joomla, drupal etc) then the file .htaccess should be removed from stats..working 100%