Virtualization?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ljackson, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ljackson

ljackson New Member

I just installed the Debian multiserver setup after prepping 8 servers with the first six steps of the
    recommended Perfect Server setup. During this, I didn't see anything about virtual servers.
    Having used multiple instances of Apache on a machine before, each listening on one of multiple addresses
    assigned to one NIC, I figured ISPConfig 3 probably used something similar.

After a thorough reading of the ISPConfig 3 manual, it looks to me like I will have to redo the 4 web servers instead and
    use this - - http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-openvz-plus-management-of-vms-through-ispconfig-3-debian-6.0 - -
    instead of the some of the multiserver setup. Is this correct, and if so where within the webserver install would I start?

Debian 6.0.5 64Bit
    ISPConfig 3.0.4.6

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Virtualisation shall not be installed on a web server, as you wont be able to host sites on a server that is prepared for openvz as the openvz package conflicts with the linux quota package. If you want tu run a webserver, then follow the web server installation instructions from multiserver tutorial. If you want to install a openvz virtulisation server, then follow the openvz tutorial.

3. ljackson

ljackson New Member

Got it. Thanks a lot Till.