HOWTO:Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by sammd006, Jan 18, 2011.

1. sammd006

sammd006 New Member

Hi Falko,
    Currently I am following your tutorial:

HOWTO: Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Fedora 13 x86_64)

I am stuck in part 4 (4 Install Courier-IMAP, Courier-Authlib, And Maildrop)

When I am trying to build rpm packages using

rpmbuild -ta courier-imap-4.8.0.tar.bz2

i am getting the bellow errors:

Obsoletes: courier-imap-ldap courier-imap-mysql courier-imap-pgsql
    Processing files: courier-imap-debuginfo-4.8.0-1.13.i686
    Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /home/dust/rpm/BUILDRO OT/courier-imap-4.8.0-1.13.i386
    Wrote: /home/dust/rpm/SRPMS/courier-imap-4.8.0-1.13.src.rpm
    error: Could not open /home/dust/rpm/RPMS/i686/courier-imap-4.8.0-1.13.i686.rpm:permission denied

RPM build errors:
    Could not open /home/dust/rpm/RPMS/i686/courier-imap-4.8.0-1.13.i686.rpm: Permission denied

I cannot build only this rpm :(

regards,
    Dustin

2. sammd006

sammd006 New Member

Hi,

Found the solution.... After searches I have found this:

sudo chown user /home/rpm/RPMS/i686 (press enter)

where user = your username
    path where i686 may be different for your system....

afterwards i ran the command to build the rpm and it was done without any errors :)

thanks alot

Dustin

3. Totenkopf

Totenkopf New Member

Hi!

I'm also currently following the tutorial "HOWTO: Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Fedora 13 x86_64)" and being stuck.

I can't build an rpm out of "courier-authlib-0.65.0.tar.bz2", because i always get the following error:

I'm running a CentOS 6.3 with Apache, MySQL, already installed and configured.

This is the first time i try to build a package, so any ideas would be great! :/

4. Totenkopf

Totenkopf New Member

Now i've used the exactz package from the tutorial "courier-authlib-0.63.0.tar.bz2" but the result differs a bit from the tutorials. My "/rpm/RPMS/" folder is empty, but i've got some files in the "rpm/BUILD" dir, like executable conf and install scripts.

What shall i do with them?

5. Totenkopf

Totenkopf New Member

Got it!

The rpms from the commands with sudo are created in the home dir of root (/root/rpms/RPMS/x86_64/<bla>.rpm) and the courier-imap rpm is created in the home dir of the user falko.

Works fine, even if i still dont understand, why i cant build an rpm from the newer authlib package...