How do I backup Ispconfig settings liike FTP account details etc

Discussion in 'General' started by harrythehamster, Nov 29, 2012.

1. harrythehamster

harrythehamster New Member

Hello

I am researching on how to do backups so that if the case arises where I need to reinstall ispconfig on my VPS then I can reinstall it without having to manually configure everything.

I would like to know please how do I or can I backup all of the settings and accounts like FTP settings and account also email account details so when I reinstall the ispconfig panel I can reinstate all of those settings without having to configure them manually.

Would it be a Mysql backup or are there files that needs to be backed up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. harrythehamster

harrythehamster New Member

Thank you for your reply Till :)

I know about the backup script as you pointed it out in a previous thread I created about making full backups.

What I would like to know is how do I make backups of the panel settings and account details only and not full vps backups of the sites etc. I will maybe doing the site backups a different way. All I want to know is how to make a backup of all on my ftp login details for each site as if I have 300 sites with 300 ftp accounts I do not want to be adding 300 URL and creating 300 ftp account manually if I need to reinstall my VPS and ispconfig.

Thanks in advance for your time and help and apologies if my previous post was not clear.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All settings are in the dbispconfig mysql database, so all you have to do is to backup the database.