There is already an instance of server.php running

Discussion in 'General' started by pguzman, Jan 21, 2013.

1. pguzman

pguzman New Member

Constantly running into this issue on our ISPConfig 3 Multiple server platform. Even after following the suggestions here http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42597&page=2
    For some reason we continue to receive the: There is already an instance of server.php running
    Is there any way around this other than going in and disabling the cron job then running the commands manually?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. pguzman

pguzman New Member

After debugging here is what I come back with:
    PHP Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'maildrop_plugin' does not have a method 'insert' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/plugins.inc.php on line 120

I am still getting the error: There is already an instance of server.php running

4. till

Ok, thats the reason for the problem.

There is a function mising in the maildrop plugin on your server. Which ISPConfig verson do you have installed and did you modify any code in ispconfig and which pop3 / imap server is installed?

5. pguzman

pguzman New Member

We are running ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 on a Multi-Server Setup using Postfix as the MTA and Courier-Pop3 and Courier-IMAP

6. till

Thats a really old version. I recommedn that you update ispconfig to 3.0.4.6. If you cant update e.g. because you modified the ispconfig sources, then you can download the 3.0.3.3 version from sourceforge and replace the maildrop plugin file in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/plugins-availble/ with the one from the original tra.gz file.

7. pguzman

pguzman New Member

Once I have replaced the maildrop_plugin file with the one from the original tar.gz are there any services to restart?

8. till

No. Just try to run the server.sh manually again to see if the issue is fixed.