Postfix + Courier + MySql virtual mail users - No certificate file found

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by suntribe, Jan 21, 2013.

1. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Hello everybody,

Before I installed the Postfix + Courier, I uninstalled sendmail. But now, when I try to connect via secure connection to receive/send emails, in mail.log i see a line that says that the certificate file is missing. The problem is that the certificate file is actually a sendmail certificate file (it is located in /etc/mail/tls/ directory and the file that is missing is sendmail-server.crt). I'm positive that this is the sendmail certificate file, but as sendmail is not installed I have no clue, where could this setting be located so I can change the path to a valid Courier certificate that I have created.

Can someone help me fix this issue? Falko? :)

2. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Any help would be appreciated. The non-existing sendmail certificate is really giving me a headache... I simply cannot find where this setting is located...

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please post the exact error message.

4. suntribe

suntribe New Member

The exact message says:

imapd-ssl: couriertls: /etc/ssl/certs/905b837e.0: No such file or directory
    pop3d-ssl: couriertls: /etc/ssl/certs/905b837e.0: No such file or directory

I've looked where the file points to and found out that it points to /etc/mail/tls/sendmail-server.crt.

I really have no clue why it is trying to get that file as I have removed sendmail before instalation of Postfix + Courier installation... It is obviously written somewhere...

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check your Courier configuration (should be in /etc/courier).

6. suntribe

suntribe New Member

I have already looked there... I cannot find any setting that would point to this file... In imapd-ssl and pop3-ssl files there are paths to the valid certificates, but courier still searches for this one...

Do you maybe know where exactly should I look at?

7. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Falko, is there any other place where I could try to look for?