opensuse 12.2 perfect server add a website, php fails

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bullet, Mar 13, 2013.

1. bullet

bullet New Member

I've been pouring over any and all docs I can find, I've download ispconfig docs and can't figure out what is going wrong here.

I just installed the perfect server OpenSUSE 12.2 x86_64 Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3.0.5.1

As soon as I add a 'website' all php scripts stop running and just download to the browser. Also, the virtual websites don't work they all go to the same site. I am accessing them with a dns name and not a IP address.

I've reinstalled this 3 times now trying things out and I'm at a loss. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which errors do you get in the apache error.log?

3. bullet

bullet New Member

With no 'websites' both phpmyadmin and squirrel mail function as expected. I just added now a new 'website', tried to connect to pypmyadmin and now all I get is the 'php' script downloaded in my browser it no longer executes:

<?php
    /* vim: set expandtab sw=4 ts=4 sts=4: */
    /**
    * forms frameset
    * or common.inc.php
    * @package PhpMyAdmin
    */

No errors in /var/log/apache2/error.log when this occurs. As soon as I added this website I got these:

[Wed Mar 13 08:25:01 2013] [error] [client ::1] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /srv/www/htdocs/
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec2)
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [notice] mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [notice] mod_python: using mutex_directory /tmp
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 24494)
    [Wed Mar 13 08:25:02 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Linux/SUSE) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1e PHP/5.3.15 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 DAV/2 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.7.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 configured -- resuming normal operations

Also, all night long I was getting these:

[Wed Mar 13 04:55:01 2013] [error] [client ::1] Directory index forbidden by Opt
    ions directive: /srv/www/htdocs/
    [Wed Mar 13 05:00:01 2013] [error] [client ::1] Directory index forbidden by Opt
    [Wed Mar 13 05:05:01 2013] [error] [client ::1] Directory index forbidden by Opt

This was with no accessing anything and no 'websites' created.

4. bullet

bullet New Member

OK, I just added wordpress from control panel to this new website and it's working. So am I wrong thinking phpmyadmin and squirrel mail should function on added websites?

The other issue with all virtual websites going to a single website, is there some setting I'm missing with this?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ensure that you access the websites by domain name and that you do not mix * and ip addresses in websites as IP is alwyas a stronger match in apache then a wildcard.

6. bullet

bullet New Member

I'm accessing the websites via a name, not an IP address. There is but a single ip address set on this server. So, all 'websites' have * set.

What about the phpmyadmin and squirrel mail? Shouldn't they function with the new websites?

Also, I just went to the 'website' from windows xp and ie 8, I get this when opening website/webmail,

MIME Type: application/x-php

Description: UnKnown

Windows does not recognize this MIME type.

I just deleted all the added 'websites' in isp control panel and squirrel mail now functions from windows xp and ie 8

http://foxconn/webmail/src/login.php

works as expected.

So, from reading the docs both squirrel mail and phpmyadmin should both work when I add new websites. What could be going wrong?
    This is a straight up, clean install of 'perfect server'

It makes no sense that 'virtual' websites fail and the oddity with the php scripts.

Thanks
    Doug

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013