ISPConfig 3.0.5 RC 2 released for testing

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Feb 14, 2013.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The second release candidate (RC) of the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.5 is available for download. RC versions are released for testing purposes and should not be installed on production systems.

What's new in ISPConfig 3.0.5

- APS package installer. See http://www.apsstandard.org for a list of available packages.
    - New web backup system which includes the website databases.
    - Mailuser login.
    - PHP version selector. Use different PHP versions for different websites.
    - Subdomains as virtualhost with separate directory inside the directory tree of the main website without rewriting.
    - Support for mod_perl2.
    - Improved default theme.
    - Global search function.
    - PHP-FPM support for Apache servers.
    - PHP-FPM mode selector in website options.
    - Hardened the website folder structure with new folder protection feature and stricter security settings.
    - Maintenance mode.
    - Password generator.
    - Password confirmation fields.
    - Directive snippets for Apache, nginx, and PHP can now be saved and be reused for other websites.
    - Forms can be submitted by pressing ENTER (you don't have to click the Save button anymore).
    - Many more minor feature enhancements and bugfixes.
    - IDN domains are converted automatically to / from punicode. (requires PHP idn extension from pecl)
    - Mail traffic reporting for dovecot servers.

Special thanks to Marius Cramer from www.pixcept.de for his contributions to the 3.0.5 ISPConfig release.

Detailed Changelog

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=45&status[]=

Download

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.5-rc2.tar.gz

Update instructions

Code:
    cd /tmp
    rm -rf /tmp/ispconfig3_install
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.5-rc2.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.0.5-rc2.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. bitw

bitw New Member

Not sure if the APS Installer is working in a multi-server setup. Using it for sites that were on my main server worked, trying to install Wordpress to other servers got stuck with a status of "Installation Task". Accessing ISPConfig directly on the other server and clicking on Wordpress in the "Installed" packages menu gave me a:

"Error

The metafile for WordPress couldn't be found".

I looked at "Available Packages" and it was blank, so I did an "Update Packagelist" and they eventually appeared. It no longer gives me an error about the metafile, but the previous tasks still says "Installation Task" and if I try to redo the install it says "The installation path already contains a package installation."

3. jadik

jadik New Member

ispconfig 3 - APS library repo URL??!?

I had successfully populated the packagelist in the beta/release, with a hit & miss approach. I, too, "eventually" saw the catalog populate, but was uncertain what the trigger, or eventual URL actually was.

:confused:

Now that I've updated my production server which offers supports for the package manager, I've lost my repository entry & I am again struggling to reimport the APS Package Installer library.

Can you please share what the URL is that you've used to access the library?

Many thanks,
    jadik

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There has nothing to be changed, the URL's to the aps repository is hardcoded in the code (as it was in the rc2 as well) and there is also no external library required.

As you talk about a repository entry, I guess you mix up the ispconfig extension repository with the aps installer, they are two different technologies and not related to each other. You dont need any repository entrys for the aps installer.