ISPConfig Install Script

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by dclardy, Mar 17, 2011.

1. asterinux

asterinux New Member

hi dclardy, first of all i want to thank you for creating this script, been looking for some automation script to install ispconfig3, i salute you for this :). I have only a follow-up question sir, is the script for CentOS complete?

Thanks.

2. asterinux

asterinux New Member

hi dclardy, nevermind.. i already read instructions in github, thanks:)

3. almere

almere Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you have multi IP's at your server, make sure that DNS A record has the same IP as vhost.

4. dclardy

dclardy Member

The script is not complete, but I am working on it. I don't use CentOS, and it is harder for me to get this done. I will be spinning up a test box to try and get it going.

5. dclardy

dclardy Member

Alright. It has been awhile since I have updated the script any, but I have made some major changes.

Please let me know what you think.

Changes:
    1. Add latest Debian and Ubuntu Support
    2. Added Whiptail for prompts. (Looks way cleaner!)

In Progress:
    1. RoundCube Support
    2. Theme Installation Support

6. Theseus

Theseus New Member

ISPConfig Script

I am interested in a version of this script for openSUSE 12.3. I have not been able to get the install instructions to work. I am able to execute all the instructions for version 12.2 (with the appropriate modifications in the links), but when I run https://192.168.1.100:8080 I don't get the login screen shown in the tutorial. Just two options:

Skip to the navigation. Skip to the content.

If anyone knows what's wrong, I would appreciate it, or a copy of that script for opensuse.

7. dclardy

dclardy Member

Alright. I have gotten RoundCube Installation support added in. It is a different bash script. Please test this out. I have several times, but I might have missed something.

I am working on the Theme Installation part of it. Initially, I will probably only install my theme, but I am a little biased in that regard!

8. stevenlib

stevenlib New Member

Some errors

Hi,

It fails on Wheezy, I get this:

Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013 --2013-09-26 11:55:02-- http://repo.web-wack.at/ispconfig3/dl/rc2ispconfig3/0.0.0.2.zip
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013 Resolving repo.web-wack.at (repo.web-wack.at)... 94.23.161.144
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013 Connecting to repo.web-wack.at (repo.web-wack.at)|94.23.161.144|:80... connected.
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013 HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013 Length: 126842 (124K) [application/zip]
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013 Saving to: `0.0.0.2.zip'
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:02 EDT 2013
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013 0K .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 40% 238K 0s
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013 50K .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 80% 449K 0s
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013 100K .......... .......... ... 100% 5.84M=0.3s
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013 2013-09-26 11:55:03 (380 KB/s) - `0.0.0.2.zip' saved [126842/126842]
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013
    Thu Sep 26 11:55:03 EDT 2013 sh: ./setup.sh: Permission denied

Then it says the install failed in ISPConfig logs.

Regards,

9. ruchri

ruchri New Member

Works fine on Debian 7 64b Wheezer.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  10. ruchri

ruchri New Member

Why restarting Apache2 manually after VPS reboot?

There is one small issue: after each reboot of my VPS I have to restart apache2 manually: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I don't understand why, so I can't find a solution for that.

VPS, 1 GB memory - Debian 7 64bit
    Installed ISPConfig3 and Roundcube with your install scripts and there were no errors or whatsoever.
    Everything is working nice and smoothfull, as I already stated elsewhere in this topic.

11. dclardy

dclardy Member

I am not sure where you are getting this error from. I am not installing anything form that repo. My script does not include those plugins because you have to create a remote user in ISPConfig, and I have not figured out a way to do that just yet from the command line.

12. dclardy

dclardy Member

What web server did you pick? I am guessing Apache was the one, but I want to be sure. If you run this update–rc.d apache2 defaults, it should be loading itself every time afterwards. My script doesn't do anything to change that.

EDIT:

I found the issue. I had placed a command in the wrong section. That has been corrected now.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  13. ruchri

ruchri New Member

Indeed, it is Apache2. Sorry I did not mention that in the post.

I used the command you gave. Problem SOLVED

14. dclardy

dclardy Member

Glad that worked for you.

I have added another script to install themes now. I have added my theme, and I will be adding some of the other good ones around here. If you know of any, send them my way.

15. Bigdickau

Bigdickau New Member

hi all
    i have just tryed this addon but failed to install. all i get is /tmp/dclardy64-ISPConfig-3-debian-install-e4cf0b8$.

i did not install debian just ubuntu.

should i do a clean install after installing Ubuntu 12.04

Many thanks

Richard C

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  16. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

17. Bigdickau

Bigdickau New Member

these are the instructions i followed

Ubuntu Installation Instructions:

Run this command:

cd /tmp; wget --no-check-certificate -O ISPConfig3.tgz https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer/tarball/master; tar zxvf ISPConfig3.tgz; cd *Installer*; bash ubuntu_install.sh
    Answer the onscreen prompts. The script stops so that you can see the appropriate answers.
    Enjoy the completed installation.

I think there might be a typo in the script as debian is mentioned in all the setups

Many thanks Richard c

18. Bigdickau

Bigdickau New Member

hi

further to my last post i changes the reference about Debian to Ubuntu and got this reply.

404 not found.
    gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file.
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    bash: cd: *installer*: no such file or directory
    bash: Ubuntu-installer.sh No such file or directory

ready to give up on this install and i don't know why when others swear by it

Looking forward for some replies

Richard C

19. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why dont you use the official and normal way to install ispconfig? Instead you use a third party script which is not tested by the ispconfig deveopers.

If you ant to install ispconfig reliably, just follow the official installation instructions for ubuntu 12.04:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.04-lts-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

20. Bigdickau

Bigdickau New Member

hi till
    i am new to this type of computing and have been following some of the subjection to make my lot easer. So now i have made this one. i have a choice of ISPConfig3 with 16 pages of code tobe written before running or Webmin with 3 lines of code to get up and running. guess who won. BYE

Richard C