Ports to open in Router - Portforwarding - Ubuntu Server 10.04 - ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by danhansen@denmark, Mar 17, 2013.

1. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi everyone,

I have a Ubuntu Server 10.04 with ISPConfig3 installed and I have a static IP. To be able to access the server I need to open some ports i my router. I open port 22 to be able to SSH to the server using PuTTY and it works just fine - I have tested it from an outside connection ;)
    But, which ports do I need to open to make all of the services work? FTP, DNS, WWW etc. I followed the great "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu Server 10.04 - ISPConfig3"

Looking forwardto your response.

Kin Regards
    DanHansen@Denmark

2. danhansen@denmark

Learned a bit, but still very much in doubt regarding email...

Hi,

I learned a bit, but still very much i doubt regarding email.. Tested outgoing mail and it works. As a matter of fact I don't understand why it works when most smtp services are disabled at most ISP's. But never the less, I would very much like a little help regarding which port ISPConfig3/SqirrelMail uses.. I found these bits and pieces:
    MAIL:
    Default Ports:
    SMTP AUTH: Port 25 or 587 (some ISPs are blocking port 25)
    SMTP StartTLS Port 587
    SMTP SSL Port 465
    POP Port 110
    POP SSL Port 995
    IMAP over SSL uses 993 port, SMTP over SSL uses 465 port. SquirrelMail uses PHP TLS transport. It requires SSLv3 or TLS support on SSL enabled server. STARTTLS extensions are not supported. More information can be found in doc/authentication.txt and SquirrelMail Administrator's Guide.

Would anyone please throw me a remark regarding the command to VI or show "doc/authentication.txt" It is the path I am looking for :eek:

Kind Regards,
    DanHansen@Denmark

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

FTP: 21
    HTTP: 80
    HTTPS: 443
    DNS: 53 (TCP and UDP)
    IMAP: 143

4. hklcf

hklcf New Member

MySQL: 3306

5. danhansen@denmark

Hi,

Thanks guys! That made the difference :) DNS now works. It sad the UDP part that I for wrong. Also thanks for the repply regarding port 3306 SQL...

Kind Regards,
    Dan