How to remove phpmyadmin from port 80

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jimmyk, Apr 17, 2013.

1. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

How do you block phpmyadmin from being available on port 80?

I would like it to use only a secure connection on port 2222 (port that ispconfig is installed on).

I gave this a try on the debian squeeze server, but it did not work:
    # mv /var/www/ispconfig /var/www/disabledispconfig
    # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not run other software beside ispconfig on the ispconfig port without compromising security of your server.

3. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

I noticed that phpmyadmin is working on the ispconfig port so I wanted to just remove it from port 80.

Ideally, I would like phpmyadmin to run on its own seperate port so it can be restricted with iptables. However, I have not really used phpmyadmin before so I do not know if this is possible. My Google search has given me diffent opinions on this so far.

4. till

Then you seem to use a older version of ispconfig were we had not blocked that yet.

Use port 8081, this is the ispconfig apps vhost which is made to run additional apps on a ispconfig server.

5. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

I installed version 3.0.5.2 using the dclardy script that was posted elsewhere in this forum. However, I selected port 2222 for ispconfig when ispconfig asked for an installation port.

It looks like I will have to reinstall ispconfig using the standard ports.

6. till

You dont have to reinstall ispconfig. The port you selected for ispconfig does not matter for this.

7. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

I have switched ports now and ispconfig is on port 8080.

phpmyadmin is now available on:

https:www.example.com:8080/phpmyadmin

This is essentially what is was aiming for. However, phpmyadmin is still also available on:

http:www.example.com/phpmyadmin

This is what I am hoping to be able to avoid. I am not sure if the issue has arisen because I initially installed ispconfig on a nonstandard port.