Horde modules and ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by spanish, Jan 8, 2010.

1. spanish

spanish Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

There is any compatibility problem between ISPConfig 3 and the next Horde modules?

Ingo
    Ingo, the "Email Filter Rules Manager", started as a frontend for the Sieve filter language, and is now a generic and complete filter rule frontend that currently is able to create Sieve, procmail, maildrop, and IMAP filter rules. The IMAP filter driver translates the filter rules on demand to IMAP commands, executed via PHP's IMAP extension and has replaced IMP's internal filtering code. It is now the default filtering agent in IMP H3 (4.x).
    More info: http://www.horde.org/ingo/

Passwd
    Passwd is the Horde password changing application. While it has been released and is in production use at many sites, it is also under heavy development in an effort to expand and improve the module. Right now, Passwd provides fairly complete support for changing passwords via Poppassd, LDAP, Unix expect scripts, the Unix smbpasswd command for SMB/CIFS passwords, Kolab, ADSI, Pine, Serv-U FTP, VMailMgr, vpopmail, and SQL passwords.
    More info: http://www.horde.org/passwd/

SpamAssassin Module
    Sam is the Horde module permitting to each user to manage his SpamAssassin or Amavisd-new preferences. For example, it can authorize to change SpamAssassin user scores, manage blacklist and whitelist. User preferences can be stored in a variety of backends such as a SQL database, LDAP storage or on an FTP server.
    More info: http://www.horde.org/sam/

Forwards
    Forwards is a Horde module for setting user e-mail forwards with support for several popular mailers. Right now, Forwards provides fairly complete support for setting .forward style forwards on Sendmail, Courier, or Qmail mail based systems via an FTP transport. It now also has drivers for Mdaemon, Exim SQL, Exim LDAP, Custom SQL, and SOAP based systems.
    More info: http://www.horde.org/forwards/

Vacation
    Vacation is a Horde module for managing user e-mail "vacation notices" or "auto-responders." It works via a local vacation program which must be installed and functioning on the server. It supports vacation programs using the .forward-style forwarding mechanism supported by several popular mailers. Right now, Vacation provides fairly complete support for managing .forward style vacation notices on Sendmail or Courier mail based systems via an FTP transport. It also has some support for LDAP, Qmail, and SQL servers.
    More info: http://www.horde.org/vacation/

Another question: is possible coordinate Gollem with the web space limit fixed in ISPConfig 3?

Gollem
    Gollem is the Horde web-based File Manager, providing the ability to fully manage a hierarchical file system stored in a variety of backends such as a SQL database, as part of a real filesystem, or on an FTP server. It uses the Horde's MIME_Viewer framework to identify file types, associate icons, etc.
    More info: http://www.horde.org/gollem/

Thanks and cordial greetings,

Manuel

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I can see, none of them will work with ISPConfig. ISPConfig uses maildrop as lda and nnot a sieve lda.

3. spanish

Thanks, Till,

I'm testing some of these modules:

Ingo: it works

Passwd: by default it don't works, but it have several configurable backends.

Maybe it works with a customized SQL backend:

PHP:
    $backends['sql'] = array (

'name' => 'Example SQL Server',

'preferred' => '',

'password policy' => array(

'minLength' => 3,

'maxLength' => 8,

'maxSpace' => 0,

'minUpper' => 1,

'minLower' => 1,

'minNumeric' => 1,

'minSymbols' => 1

),

'driver' => 'sql',

'params' => array(

'phptype'    => 'mysql',

'hostspec'   => 'localhost',

'username'   => 'dbuser',

'password'   => 'dbpasswd',

'encryption' => 'md5-hex',

'database'   => 'db',

'table'      => 'users',

'user_col'   => 'user_uid',

'pass_col'   => 'user_pass',

'show_encryption' => false

)
    );
    Please, what is the correct value for 'encryption' in ISPConfig 3 database? md5-hex? other?

SpamAssassin Module: I can't know it (no spam at this moment: new domain). I will report later, when I receive spam.

Forwards: I don't know (not installed).

Vacation: I don't know (not installed).

Gollem: I don't know (not installed: I need limit the space available).

Regards,

Manuel

4. spanish

I have located the answer to my question: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=207372&postcount=4

This backend works for me (add into /etc/horde/passwd3/backends.php):

PHP:
    $backends['sql'] = array (

'name' => 'MySQL Database of ISPConfig 3',

'preferred' => '',

'password policy' => array(

'minLength' => 8,

'maxLength' => 64,

'maxSpace' => 0,

'minUpper' => 1,

'minLower' => 1,

'minNumeric' => 1,

'minSymbols' => 1

),

'driver' => 'sql',

'params' => array(

'phptype'    => 'mysql',

'hostspec'   => '127.0.0.1',

'username'   => 'ispconfig',

'password'   => 'USERPASSWORD',

'encryption' => 'crypt-md5',

'database'   => 'dbispconfig',

'table'      => 'mail_user',

'user_col'   => 'email',

'pass_col'   => 'password',

'show_encryption' => false

)
    );
    The new password is encrypted into dbispconfig, I can access into Squirrelmail, the user can change his password via Horde if he knows the old password, the admin can change the password of user without know the old password, etc.

Perfect!

:)

OK, I think this option is secure if Horde, ISPConfig and its MySQL database are in the same server. Correct?

Thanks and cordial greetings,

Manuel

5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Hi Spanish

That backend config of yours still works fine on Horde 4 :) thx for that.

6. spanish

Hi Sjau. Thanks for the info! Greetings, Manuel

7. xmlnoob

xmlnoob New Member

Sorry to jump into the thread, is this setting works on the latest passwd version??

Or do i need some modification for it?

Thank you.

8. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

xmlnoob:

I wrote a howto for horde 4 / ispconfig a little while back. using the search function you should be able to find it

9. xmlnoob

xmlnoob New Member

Thx, are you referring to this one?
    http://www.howtoforge.com/install-horde-4-webmail-for-ispconfig-on-debian-squeeze-through-pear

I have read and followed it to replaced the "sql" block with ispconfig db settings

but when i try to change password, i get "user not found" and HORDE: [passwd] PHP ERROR: Undefined index: db [pid 4053 on line 92 of "/var/www/html/mail/passwd/lib/Factory/Driver.php"] in system log.

So i'm wondering what i have done wrong.

I'm running Horde imp in horde4 framework instead of horde4 webmail tho, but i guess this is not matter as passwd is a seperate module if i understand it correctly.

10. xmlnoob

xmlnoob New Member

and now i get HORDE: [passwd] PHP ERROR: Undefined index: encryption [pid 16481 on line 136 of "/var/www/html/path-to-horde/passwd/config/backends.php"] too.

edit: hmm, i got this sorted out now, thx.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  11. sjswarts

sjswarts New Member

Could you please post your /passwd/config/backends.local.php here, obviously omitting everything that is sensitive?

12. buliyo

buliyo New Member

Hi, I'm a few days owner ISPConfig 3 + 7 Debian (based nginx)
    Just my old migrate users to the new server.
    I would like to share Horde webmail 5 (like on the old server)
    I added entries for Nginx, user logs in correctly using the IMP.
    After logging in I see a list of folders and their contents:
    Mailbox New All
    Inbox - 0
    Drafts - 1
    Send - 0
    Junk - 0
    Copy - 0
    Sended - 1
    Trash - 0

When I want to enter the folder I get the error:
    Error when communicating with the server. <-- and still Loading...

The same error if I try sent mail.

Nginx error.log
    Code:
    Nginx vhost:
            location /horde {
                   root /var/www/;
                   index index.php index.html index.htm;
                   location ~ ^/horde/(.+\.php)$ {
                           try_files $uri $uri/ /rampage.php?$args;
                           root /var/www/;
                           fastcgi_param   QUERY_STRING            $query_string;
                           fastcgi_param   REQUEST_METHOD          $request_method;
                           fastcgi_param   CONTENT_TYPE            $content_type;
                           fastcgi_param   CONTENT_LENGTH          $content_length;

fastcgi_param   SCRIPT_FILENAME         $request_filename;
                           fastcgi_param   SCRIPT_NAME             $fastcgi_script_name;
                           fastcgi_param   REQUEST_URI             $request_uri;
                           fastcgi_param   DOCUMENT_URI            $document_uri;
                           fastcgi_param   DOCUMENT_ROOT           $document_root;
                           fastcgi_param   SERVER_PROTOCOL         $server_protocol;

fastcgi_param   GATEWAY_INTERFACE       CGI/1.1;
                           fastcgi_param   SERVER_SOFTWARE         nginx/$nginx_version;

fastcgi_param   REMOTE_ADDR             $remote_addr;
                           fastcgi_param   REMOTE_PORT             $remote_port;
                           fastcgi_param   SERVER_ADDR             $server_addr;
                           fastcgi_param   SERVER_PORT             $server_port;
                           fastcgi_param   SERVER_NAME             $server_name;

fastcgi_param   HTTPS                   $https;
    <------><------>       # pvanthony added this because of timeout problem when
    <------><------>       # importing addressbook.
    <------><------>       fastcgi_connect_timeout 300s;
    <------><------>       fastcgi_send_timeout 300s;
    <------><------>       fastcgi_read_timeout 300s;

# PHP only, required if PHP was built with --enable-force-cgi-redirect
                           fastcgi_param   REDIRECT_STATUS         200;
                           # To access SquirrelMail, the default user (like www-data on Debian/Ubuntu) must be used
                           #fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
                           fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
                           fastcgi_index index.php;
                           fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
                           fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
                           fastcgi_buffers 256 4k;
                           fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k;
                           fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 256k;
    <------><------>       fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
                   }
                   location ~* ^/horde/(.+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html|xml|txt))$ {
                           root /var/www/;
                   }
            }
            location /mail {
                   rewrite ^/* /horde last;
            }