Problem receiving email

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by arstacey, Jul 22, 2013.

1. arstacey

arstacey New Member

Hello everyone!

I am pretty new to ISPConfig3 and have run into a snag. I set up this server using the Perfect Server....Debian Wheezy... instructions. Instead of Squirrelmail, I am using RoundCube which was installed via the instructions here.

I have create a client domain with an email domain and two email mailboxes. I can log into RoundCube fine with each user and send messages back and forth. I can send message from either user to any address I try outside of the server (gmail, yahoo, company exchange, etc). Neither address is receiving emails from outside sources though. I am not getting any errors on either side. Just "message sent" but they never arrive. I checked my mx records, and validated with mxtoolbox that it is making an smtp connection back to my ispconfig server.

I added the email account to my iphone and successfully connected via imap, then again via pop3. I see the messages that were sent from the other account.

I purchased the ispconfig3 manual but don't see anything that I may have done wrong. Any help untangling this would be greatly appreciated.

2. arstacey

arstacey New Member

Just to close out this issue, I could not get it working in debian, so I followed the perfect server instructions for CentOS 6.4 and it worked perfectly.