No redirect on aliasdomain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mlz, Sep 5, 2013.

1. mlz

mlz Member

I need to create an alias domain where all the paths and everything remain under the alias, in other words no redirect to the parent. We use cloudflare and it would be nice to be able to access the site without cloudflare. However by default cloudflare uses the alias direct.somedomain.com to allow this, except ispconfig redirects back to the parent and the bypass (obviously) doesn't happen. Any thoughts?

BTW we've been very happy with ISPConfig for so many years it's not funny. I remember when 2 was in beta, can't wait to see what the future brings. :D Problem is I remember solving this once, and now I have no clue how I did it...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig aliasdomains do not have a redirect by default, so all you have to do is to add a liasdomain without any additional settings on the redirect tab.

3. mlz

mlz Member

Not only does it actually redirect, it goes to the wrong site completely, settings are as follows:

Code:
    Aliasdomain direct.bigskyraceway.com
    Parent Website bigskyraceway.com
    Redirect Type 
    Redirect Path
    Auto-Subdomain None
    SEO Redirect
    Active (checked)

going to direct.bigskyraceway.com ends up landing at arsrl.org (another site on the server) with the address rewritten. It should look exactly like www.bigskyraceway.com and keep the direct address so it talks to the actual server and not the cloud.

4. till

Then there is a dns issue and not a redirect problem. The aliasdomain has tp point to the ip address of the website were it belongs to.

5. mlz

mlz Member

Both domains point to 69.64.52.85. These are running on Ubuntu server with apache btw. Not sure why this is happening. If I create a domain with a wildcard it does the same thing, redirects to alsrl.org At one point I completely rebuilt the server and that didn't change anything. I just have to be careful to set that ip address.

BTW, thank you so much for the quick responses. This is why Till and gang are the bomb.

6. mlz

mlz Member

Hmm, well, I guess something hadn't updated, I rebooted and now everything is functioning correct. I wish I knew what was holding it up. Thanks Till!

7. till

If a reboot fixed it, then iether the cron daemon was not running so the new config changes were not applied or apache was hanging in a way that it refused to pick up the changes on restart / reload.

8. mlz

mlz Member

Checked the logs and cron ran when it should have. This server has raid and I'm wondering if it's doing a delayed write, it's a rented server so I don't have access to the scsi bios on it. Oh well, I know about it now and that's 99% of the fight. Keep up the good work.