Installation problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by xma, Sep 6, 2005.

1. xma

xma New Member

Hi to all,

I'm trying to install ispconfig in a Suse BOX, but when the installation is ending I have the next problem:

Connected successfully to MySQL server
    ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'db_ispconfig'
    ls: /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf: No existe el fichero o el directorio
    ls: /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf: No existe el fichero o el directorio
    Restarting some services...
    which: no apachectl in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin
    :/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/libexec)

It seems that cannot connect to mysql server but when installation test the mysql server all works fine.
    And it seems there is an apache problem also.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks to all

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you have any special chars in your mysql password and do you used the mySQL root user or another user that has the permissions to create databases?

Tu run the installer again, delete the directorys:

/root/ispconfig
    /home/admispconfig

and the install_ispconfig directory before you try to install again. Dont forget to unpack the installer tar.gz file again.

3. dianer

dianer New Member

installation question

I have installed isp config...i got the message, congratulations, your ispconfig system is now installed. However, I've gotten sever mssg that cd: cannot stat '/home/admisconfig/ispconfig/users': No such file or directory
    there are several that state that....also I got the
    Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open streat: No such file or directory in /root/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc/php' for inclusion (include_path='.: /root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /root/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /root/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 634

Could not connect to db
    Restarting some services...
    ./setup2: line 883 [: ==: unary operator expected
    ./setup2: line 901: /etc.init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory

Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

I cannot access my ISPConfig system.

4. dianer

dianer New Member

ispconfig problem

I also never came to the section where is asks for this:

Afterwards the following information has to be provided:

Please enter your MySQL server: E.G. localhost
    Please enter your MySQL user: E.G. root
    Please enter your MySQL password: Your MySQL password
    Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database: E.g. ispconfigdb
    Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web: E.g. 192.168.0.1
    Please enter the host name: E.g. www
    Please enter the domain: E.g. xyz.de
    Please select the protocol (http or https (SSL encryption)) to use to access the ISPConfig system: If you want to use your control panel with SSL, select 1. You can then access it under https://www.xyz.de:81. If you want to access it under http://www.xyz.de:81, choose 2.

What did I do wrong? What should I do now?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I guess you tried to install ISPConfig several times, without deleting the original install_ispconfig directory first. If your first installation fails, then delete the directory install_ispconfig, unpack the tar.gz file again. go to the new install_ispconfig directory and start the installation again. In your case I'd suggest that you also delete /root/ispconfig and /home/ispconfig before.

BTW, there are 3 or 4 threads that deal with this problem... There's also a note in the installation instructions on http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm: :rolleyes:

6. dianer

dianer New Member

ISPConfig

Yes, I did.

Thanks.....

7. dianer

dianer New Member

ISPConfig

I've finally gotten ispconfig installed. I can access it using my 192.168.1.XXX ip address. Now I need to know how to login to the ispconfig panel....i never got a place to enter a username or password during setup....how do I go about setting up an administrator username and password?

8. till

Hi Dianer,

we are all trying to help you with the installation of ISPConfig and i know it's not easy to learn linux if you came from the windows world, but asking questions here can not be an replacement for reading the installation manual. Falko has posted the link above, i will post it here again for you:

http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm

There you will find this text:

9. dianer

dianer New Member

Thank you

I understand....I appreciate all your help...I should be good to go from here.

10. dianer

dianer New Member

we have everything installed....the last issue is: when we try to access the information under the management tab and system configurations or anything further down the page we get page cannot be displayed errors....when we open the link in another window, our domain name appears and we get the page cannot be displayed but when we change the url to show the ip address of the server, it works. how do we change the information so that this works correctly?....i've read the manual and cannot find the answer to this question anywher.

11. till

Open the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php with an editor and replace your domain with your IP in the URL setting for the ISPConfig webinterface.

12. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Done and done runs excellant thank you.
    We will be reading all the manuals on admin, reseller, and clients.
    Still have many questions but will read first.

13. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Re:

Have taken care of this followning Tills directions! All help and images and admin tree links working wonderfully.

14. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Update Manager

Before tackling the domain name issues and domain.
    Should we install Tools & Add-ons first?

UebiMiau Webmail [Download] (Updated 08/01/2005)
    PHPMyAdmin 2.6.3-pl1 [Download]
    PHPMyAdmin 2.6.1-RC1[Download]
    PHPPGAdmin 3.5.2 [Download]

15. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It doesn't matter when you install them. :cool: But please only install one phpMyAdmin package, not both. And phppgadmin won't wotk unless you have compiled the PHP that comes with ISPConfig with PostgreSQL... So there's no need to install it in that case.

16. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Installations

Okay here are the two packages I installed
    UebiMiau Webmail [Download] (Updated 08/01/2005)
    PHPMyAdmin 2.6.3-pl1 [
    Download]
    They both went in smootly and suprisingly fast, very fast.

I did try to install the other phpmyadmin there was an error message so I canceled and everything seems to be working.

Thank you again :)