Multiserver suddenly does not working?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NovaDecker, Oct 21, 2013.

1. NovaDecker

NovaDecker New Member

Hi!
    I am Norwegian, so sorry my bad english.
    I have two servers: web01 and web02. Both runs CentOS6.
    web01 is the master server, web02 is the slave server. I haven't done something else than to install ISPConfig at both server, but choosed "join a multiserver setup" at web02. Nothing else.

Until today I could add for example databases, DNS-records etc at the control panel. It were populated to both web01 and web02.

But today, suddenly, when I add DNS-records or MySQL databases, the server ONLY populates it to web01, not to web02. When I go into "server" and make web02 slave of web01, it works, but this is not what I had before. Before I didnt have web02 as slave of web01. It populated to both servers anyway.

Some ideas? Some logs I could read? All services are running properly, and it haven't happened something new at my servers as I know that should make this issue.

Help?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If changes shall be writen to 2 servers, then the second server must be the slave of the first server.

3. NovaDecker

NovaDecker New Member

Okay, thanks for answer, I will make web02 second now.
    Honestly, I am a workaholic, so I have a new question:
    Can I have had web02 as secondary server before, and then changed it without remembering that, since everything were populated to both servers before?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats very likely. Technically there is no other functionality in ispconfig to have the same config on both servers then the "is mirror of" option. So if it had worked before, then the option must have been enabled.

If your second server is missing some config now, then you can use the "resync" tool to force a resync on both server.