ISPConfig 3 Billing Module

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jul 7, 2011.

1. menak

menak New Member

Thx

Till, thank you for your fast response to user questions. That really keeps up the good feeling about a product in the beginning.

Cheers
    M@

2. photocon

photocon New Member

Im interested in switching from our current hosting platform to using ISPconfig. However, I have a couple of questions regarding the Billing Module.

- Is there plans to add support for credit card billing? I dont see it in the demo, and dont see it on the roadmap.

- Is there support for domain registration? I saw the post a couple of years back about using a module that someone developed, but that doesnt seem complete (or Im missing something).

Both of these seem to be show stoppers for migrating our users over if we cant solve these items. It looks like 3rd party solutions dont exist for the above items either, as Hostbill doent support our gateway (and is super expensive for ISPconfig support), and WHMCS doesnt support ISPconfig.

Thanks.

3. menak

menak New Member

AFAIK neither credit card support nor domain registration works. It is a rather straight forward module and is very inexpensive.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use credit cards already trough paypal. Paypal does not require a registration anymore for billing in most countries, so you can bill with credit card trough paypal without having to register a paypal account first. Beside that, we plan to add support for other credit card gateways as well. If you like to see a specific gateway in the billing module, then please make a feature requestvin the bugtracker.

The billing module itself handles only billing. But we are planning to add a domain registration module.

5. photocon

photocon New Member

Yes, one can process credit cards through paypal. But paypals high fees are triple what our merchant account is currently. With the low margins on web hosting, it doesnt make business sense to use paypal exclusively.

It seems like adding support for gateways is easy. If you added support for authorize.net, most gateways have an auth.net emulator. But the hard part is adding support for credit cards and storing them in a PCI-compliant manner.

Do you have a timeline for the domain module?

Thanks

6. till

7. till

I just checked the authorize.net api's. They offer a POSt api similar to paypal, si integrating ths should be easy and pci compliance is not a problem as no credit card data has to be stored in ispconfig.

http://developer.authorize.net/api/dpm/

8. DanielP

DanielP New Member

I look the demo, i download manual, i try to read this thread, maybe cause i still do not finish my coffee but i cannot figure it out...

Can with this module first order process become totally automatic (as with whcms on other panels)

or first time setup is manual and after that client can upgrade / downgrade , pay from inside the panel as mantioned on the thread...

9. till

Currently, the first time setup is manual and the further billing is automatic.

You can also automate the first time setup as the billing module and ispconfig have a remote api. see e.g. the site www.timmehosting.de as an example for a full website integration of ispconfig and billing with the api.

We will also publish a demo implementation for the remote api with the next billing release so that you can automate the first setup if you do not have a company site yet, similar to the demo site that whmcs delivers with its software.

10. till

11. McLure

McLure Member

Is SAFT export available from Billing Module ?
    My accountant requires me to have it.

12. till

The billing module has no export function to SAF-T XML format.

13. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Hi Till,
    Can this provision Open Xchange service which is integrated by another partner?

14. till

You can create invoices for all kinds of products and services with the billing module. The automatic generation of recurring items is coupled with the client templates in ispconfig. If the limits of the module that you want to use can be set within the ispconfig client limits e.g. number of openexchange accounts or similar, then the billing module can add recurring items for them automatically. If the limits are not there, then you can still use the billing module to create invoices for this service, but you will have to add a matching recurring item in billing manually or by using the remote API.

15. kodoub

kodoub New Member

Adding addon template doesn't add recurring item

I bought and just installed and tested ispconfig billing. My ispconfig is 3.0.5.4p3, billing module was downloaded 10 days ago (not sure abou version). Everything is runing smoothly but when I add addon template which is connected to recurring invoice item to client, then no recurring item is created. I checked this functionality against demo, and demo is working correctly, both main and addon templates creates recurring item (if invoice items are configured properly). Please can you give me any hint how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

16. kodoub

kodoub New Member

There are some changes in client limits form in 3.0.5.4p3, and additional templates are no longer part of post data. Therefore client_update() hook function of billing module doesn't see additional template changes and doesn't reflect them in recurring items. Current billing module is incompatible with latest ispconfig.

17. till

Which Billing module version do you use? I checked the current version (rev10 and the prior version rev9 and both load the data of the additional templates correctly from client_template_assigned and not from a post request. The changes in the limits template do not matter for this plugin as it does not use the newly added fields, they dont matter for invoicing.

If you need support for the billing module then please contact our support here: http://support.projektfarm.com/

18. kodoub

kodoub New Member

I'm using rev10, maybe I expressed not exactly. Please take a look at billing_plugin_inc.php and you will find this code:

PHP:
    if($page_form->dataRecord['template_additional'] != ''$new_template_ids .= '/'.trim($page_form->dataRecord['template_additional']);
    Unfortunately $page_form->dataRecord['template_additional'] is cleared in client_edit.php onSubmit() and its content is changed and moved to array $page_form->_template_additional (from 31.8.2013 rev).

I filled bug report here: http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3681&project=5

19. ezifor

ezifor New Member

I am expecting this feature too.

20. jolybee

jolybee New Member

Thanks for info :)