Apache httpd 2.4 support

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by iDen, Mar 14, 2013.

1. iDen

iDen New Member

Any plans regarding support of httpd 2.4 in ISPconfig v 3.0.5.x ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is there already a Linux distribution that ships with apache 2.4 as default?

3. iDen

iDen New Member

There is distribution with 2.4 rpm compiled by me with provided spec.
    Syntax differs from 2.2 ...
    Fedora 18 has.
    RHELv7 is announced to be available this fall, it will have.
    So it was just question.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  4. till

We will add support for apache 2.4 off course, but I can not give you a date when it gets finished.

5. SSullivan

SSullivan New Member

Hi Till,

What happens if I install this, make the required changes (such as AUTH is different) and then later upgrade ISPconfig? Does ISPConfig re-install Apache 2.2?

6. till

ISPConfig odes not install any software. If you change sourcecode of a software and install a update of that sotware, the update will overwrite your custom changes.

7. iDen

iDen New Member

Wow wow !!!

Just saw in Roadmap that you have added plans to support Apache 2.4 in next minor release.

Does it mean that ISPconfig will support at least new mod_proxy_fcgi for better PHP-FPM integration?
    Help old FastCGI die :)

Of course we understand that such additions will make release available not so soon.

8. iDen

iDen New Member

9. till

For 3.0.5.4 we plan to support the same features that are available for apache 2.2 in ISPConfg, so basically we will add code to support the new config syntax. mod_proxy_fcgi is not on our roadmap yet. Feel free to make a feature request for it in the bugtracker, in case that there is no such requestyet (havent checked it).

10. demofreak

demofreak New Member

Is it possible to "cherry-pick" the already completed task into an existing 3.0.5.3 installation?

I had to upgrade an OpenSUSE 12.3 box, and in the next distro release 13.1 there's no Apache 2.2 available anymore.

Thanks.

11. till

No, thats not possible. But 3.0.5.4 will get released soon anyway. If OpenSuSE has a apache compat module like debian, then apache 2.4 should work with ispconfig 3.0.5.3 as well.

12. demofreak

demofreak New Member

Fine. :)

Not to my knowledge.

13. till

14. demofreak

demofreak New Member

Indeed. It's compiled in statically. :)

Code:
    idefix:~ # apache2ctl -M|grep access
     access_compat_module (static)

Upgraded a OpenSUSE 12.3 box to 13.1 just now, and it seems to run smooth until now.

Some "Options" directives had to be altered (all Options must have a + or - sign in front of it, or no option must have it, but not mixed), and "a2enmod socache_shmcb" was necessary. That's all.