Im new! w00t

Discussion in 'Smalltalk' started by pu43x, May 8, 2006.

1. pu43x

pu43x New Member

Just thought i would make myself known for some random reason.
    Im new to linux and new to this site, so be nice if you see me asking some really dumb questions.
    Ive just installed linux on my small pc which is worthless and seeing what its all about. Im pretty experienced with php mysql etc (web dev by trade / student) and wanted to expand my knowledge.
    It really does feel I have jumped into the middle of the ocean with linux but learning lots all the time which is cool :)
    Ive made my server up with Debain and ISPConfig to run 24/7 as a local webserver.

--pu43x--

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Good choice! :)

3. pu43x

pu43x New Member

lets hope so. im still having problems installing ISPConfig but will eventually have it up and running :)

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Just don't give up :)
    The learning curve for Linux is very steep as you find lots of people that actually do help :)
    A thing I can also recommend is irc.freenode.net #debian or #apache or #mysql or #bind or #..... --> Just enter the name of the app as channel and most of them exist :)

5. brainz

brainz Member

And im sure by the 40th post or so you will have it all setup and running then come a config questions....

ooo yeah dont let bind confuse you... i can tell you there are some good posts and howtos on that subject....

All the best and good luck....

regards
    brainz :cool:;)

6. zcworld

zcworld New Member

its an big step to learn the linux system .. but once you get your head around it .. thank you set and can almost do anything ... having people / chat room where you can get help when you need it ... is the key ... but also goggle helps a bit .. but other people that had the problem and know how to fix it .

is killer