WebMail options

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by lukefuller, May 12, 2006.

1. lukefuller

lukefuller New Member

Hi,

I have just installed ISPConfig On FC5. Doese ISPConfig come with webmail.
    Also is it possible to edit the logo so i can have a different logo on my login screen?

Thanks in advance :)

, Luke Fuller

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must install ISPConfig's webmail package: http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads.htm
    You can install it with ISPConfig's Update Manager: Management -> Updates

Yes, but at the moment I don't know in which file. You might have to search the sources a little bit. :)

3. lukefuller

lukefuller New Member

Installed

Ok i installed UebiMiau Webmail
    Is there an address that i browse to ? :)

Thanks,

Luke

4. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. falko

You can also find a link to webmail under "Tools" in ISPConfig. :)

6. tai`daishar

tai`daishar New Member

Is there anyway to change the port on the webmail? We have a strict firewall at work and I can not access any other ports than 80...

7. falko

Create a new web site with ISPConfig and install your preferred webmail package (Squirrelmail, Uebimiau, etc.) there.

8. wustl_2008

wustl_2008 New Member

clarification possibly?

How would one go about installing a webmail package for just one website - it seems that ISPConfig configures webmail and phpmyadmin packages as a global thing instead of a per-site basis?

Will I have to do this for all my websites instead of just using some kind of rewrite/proxypass combo to redirect all of them to the same interface? I too need to have my webmail accessible via default ports (80 or 443) as a subdomain but I would definitely prefer to only have roundcubemail installed once for example and just let all my users login through the same webmail interface with webmail.their_domain.com instead of main_server_domain.com:81/roundcubemail

Thanks in advance!

wustl_2008

9. mrks

mrks New Member

do as falko told you and on every new domain you add don't forget to goto Co-Doamins tab on your webmail site and add

hostname: webmail
    domain: their_domain.com

and to make sure that is going to work you can see all od the webmail.site.com hostnames in your Vhosts_ispconfig.conf as ServerAlias.

it will be nice to be automated but this will work also ... maybe in some new release this will be done with 1 click :)

Regards

10. wustl_2008

wustl_2008 New Member

Thanks for the co-domain stuff, I thought that might be a solution. The problem I'm having is I don't know how to install roundcubemail or other packages for one specific site or subdomain? I can install it through the Management -> Update section but once installed how do I get it to work for just the one domain?

Example:

I have domain.com setup as my default server name and have installed roundcubemail as an addon package. How do I add webmail.domain.com (assuming I add it as a new site), but how do I get the webmail interface to show up as the primary page for webmail.domain.com instead of as: http://webmail.domain.com:81/roundcubemail?

Thanks for all your help in this,

wustl_2008

Okay, update on this - I reread falko's post and think this is what he's saying (in clearer terms for myself for later):

create subdomain as new website: webmail.domain.com
    go to the server location /path/to/web/root/webmail.domain.com/web and install the webmail application on that actual domain.
    Seems like a hard way to go about doing it but I'll gladly do it if that is all that is required and then I can just do co-domains for all the other sites! Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  11. DennisDee

DennisDee New Member

I have one problem too:mad:.
    I create user for e-mail and I stiil can not login in to UebiMiau (allways get login error). Even if i wanna login in to RoundCube i get blank page. I install both of webmails form update manager.

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you use the email address to login to UebiMiau?
    Can you fetch email with normal email clients like outllok or Thunderbird?

13. DennisDee

DennisDee New Member

Yes I use the email login for UebiMiau and username for RoundCube, but still same error or blank page in RoundCube. I will try tommorow with outlook, cuz i still haven`t domain on my server. Its still in testing progres (waiting on 100Mbit connection in few days)

14. till

Please check you mail.log for errors too.

15. DennisDee

DennisDee New Member

This is my last log in mail.log

16. till

Have you configured your courier auth daenon to authenticate against the /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow files or PAM?

Is the email user listed in /etc/passwd?

17. DennisDee

DennisDee New Member

I didnt configured nothing!

Example from /etc/passwd:

18. till

Did you follow one of the perfects etup howtos as you configured your server?