job queue time display

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by wokka, May 19, 2014.

1. wokka

wokka New Member

One of the great things about ISPConfig is the jobqueue. The lack of a daemon or process running on the server is very nice.

However, we've all been heavy working on an issue, make a few changes, and then go test, woops, didn't work. Then it hits you, it's queued!

So, we go hit the job queue, and your changes are there, now how long until the next cron? So jump over to your shell and type date. 30 seconds to wait.

What I propose is simple, put a time display on the job queue page. Bonus, make it optional in the config if people want it displayed. It can be simple javascript to display I'd think, but you'd have to pass the time from the server.

Thanks for the great software and for considering my feature request.

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I'm not quite sure what would be the benefit of this.
    The server's time shoul match your local time (+- a few seconds) or it should be full-hour-steps different.
    So you can always see when the next cron is run, as it starts the next minute.

In addition, the job queue is processed sequentially. So the system cannot know when entry 15 will be processed, because entries 1 to 14 may take a second or a few minutes depending on what to do.

3. wokka

wokka New Member

Granted, it's just a convenience factor to see when the queue will kick off, vs loading the clock up. I may not be on my own computer when adjusting things, I could be on a users PC.

Thanks