mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by floown, Jun 13, 2014.

1. floown

floown New Member

End of script output before headers: index.php

Hello,

I have completely reinstall my Ubuntu server by reading and apply the howto for The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 14.04 (Apache2, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3.

I have create the domain name in ISPconfig and I have copy the local site in the server, by SFTP. I have change the right permission in domainename/web for web1:client1

But I have an error in site's log :
    My /var/log/apache2/error.log
    What I have done wrong in server installation? What's the bug, and how to repear it?

Thx!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. LeChuck

LeChuck New Member

Hello!

I'm new here but have the same problem :)

Just installed an Ubuntu 12.04 vServer and upgraded directly to 14.04 without problems.
    After installing ISP with the Guide for 14.04 I get the messages "mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server" and "End of script output before headers: index.php" in the errors.log when I want to access the adminpanel.

3. floown

floown New Member

Hello LeChuck

Cause I didn't have support on this forum, I have reinstall the server with iRedmail this time. No problem. Nice for email configuration.

I can't help you better.

4. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

This means that php dies for some reason, this can be php settings or a incompatibility of any app with a specific php version or something similar. If you changed any folder permissions in that site, then this can cause such a error as well. You can try to enable in php.ini to show errors on the screen and then restart apache.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am sorry that we did not recognize your post earlier. The ISPConfig support team is working in the ispconfig forums only and you posted in the forum that is labeled "This forum is for general Linux installation/configuration issues, not for ISPConfig!".

If you still need help with your website, the post the ls -la output from within the web directory.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post in the ispconfig forum to get help with your ispconfig install:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

And your error is not related to the one from flown as the vhost that runs the ispconfig interface is different from the one that runs a website. Please note that ispconfig has to be updated after you did a dist upgrade as the dist upgrade might have changed config files. Please check with the ubuntu 14.04 guide that you installed all nescessary packages, then download the ispconfig tar.gz file again, unpack it and run the update.php file. Choose to reconfigure services during update.