ispConfig 3.1dev - Postfix Permission Issue

Discussion in 'General' started by EtonWungLo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. EtonWungLo

EtonWungLo New Member

Running Ubuntu 12.10

Updated to the 3.1dev a couple weeks ago and now anytime a users mailbox is updated with the control panel, the following occurs:

ispconfig mysql database, mail_user table:
    - for only the user that is updated the uid and gid columns are updated with 0 (standard value is 5000 for these columns for all other users)

Also,

postfix mail folder /var/vmail/(domain)/(user) permissions are updated to root/root instead of standard vmail/vmail

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

DO you have previous backup of the mysql?

please change the permissions to vmail/vmail.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The 3.1dev code is untested developer code, it is not usable for running a production server. You should restore a backup from the timepoint before you updated to the dev branch to get a stable version again.

4. EtonWungLo

EtonWungLo New Member

Thanks for feedback - I have backups of ispConfig and mySql DB and understand that the 3.1dev should not be used in production. Unfortunately it was put into production to resolve an issue we were having with the DNS zones not updating properly and since it has been in production for over a month, there is no turning back. Just hoping the final release comes out soon.

I can manually change the permissions to the vmail folder and update the DB record with the proper permissions and that resolves the issue. But, I was hoping someone would have some feedback for correcting the issue with the panel that is causing the issue.

Thought it may be possible that ispConfig may be using some API in postfix/SASL that could be easily updated by changing a value in the main.cf or ??

If anyone has had some experience with this issue and defeated it, I would appreciate some direction.

Thank you.