Optimizing domain module and alias module

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Hirbod, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Hirbod

Hirbod New Member

Hi everybody,

I'm using ISPConfig for a while and there are some features I'm missing badly.

1. Domainmodule
    You can create only one domain per client per step. You need to type your domainname and chose your client. I need to create 72 domains for one customer and it is really a big pain to do this manually.. It would be nice if you could change the <input> to <textarea> and allow 1 domain per line (and explode \n in PHP) to have a batch create process. I guess it should be very painless triggerin all your existing functions in a foreach().

2. Creating Websites and/or Alias
    Creating more then one alias in one step (like in number 1)

The drop down need massive improvement. There are far better solutions out there like (Select2.js, Chosen.js). What really bothers: We have a website and 15 alias domains. The create process is ok but it is totally annoying and confusing that you see created alias domains or websites in the drop down select. You should only show unused domains cause it is not possible to have multiple aliases or websites. Once I have created an alias domain and want to add one more I will find my last choice again in the select. And if you have domain combinations like .de, .com with or without a hyphen, etc., you really do not know where you left off.

Thank you very much.

2. Hirbod

Hirbod New Member