Backup postfix server - spam from unknown sender

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by fweed, Sep 24, 2014.

1. fweed

fweed New Member

Hello all,

I have just set up a backup postfix server so that it takes over when the primary server is down or averloaded.

Everything works perfect, except that I sometimes get spammed from funky unexistent domains (ex: [email protected])

When the backup tries to deliver it to the primary server, the mail is rejected as expected : said: 450 4.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Then, this spam remains into the postfix queue (30 days I have set .. ).

How can I avoid this kind of spam to remain into the queue? I do not know wether I should change the security policy on the primary server or change the receiving policy on the backup server.

Thanks so much for any help !

fwd

2. fweed

fweed New Member

posting was useful ..

Hello,

Posting here because finally, I found an answer to my own issue ...

I configured the postfix restrictions on the backup server the same way I did on the primary :
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unauth_destination, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,reject_rbl_client ix.dnsbl.manitu.net

should do ..