ISP Config CP Error 500

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SerethiX, Oct 24, 2014.

1. SerethiX

SerethiX New Member

Hey guys,

I was used to use the pre configured distro from OVH with ISPconfig, which was fine in all cases, now I struggle to configure everything on my own.

I followed the perfect Server Guide for Ubuntu 14.04 and finished it without any error output.

Now I wanted to log in into the CP on Port 8080 with https but it throws out a 500 Code, Looked up Log files, googled the error messages, tried out this and no change happened.

Code:
    [Fri Oct 24 12:55:48.735680 2014] [fcgid:info] [pid 2353] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/.php-fcgi-starter(2512) exit(communication error), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 255
    suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details
    [Fri Oct 24 12:55:48.738207 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 2376] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client <IP>:56474] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    [Fri Oct 24 12:55:48.738233 2014] [core:error] [pid 2376] [client <IP>:56474] End of script output before headers: index.php
    Code:
    ##### SERVER #####
    IP-address (as per hostname): ***.***.***.***
    IP-address(es) (as per ifconfig): ***.***.***.***
    [WARN] ip addresses from hostname differ from ifconfig output. Please check your ip settings.
    [INFO] ISPConfig is installed.

##### ISPCONFIG #####
    ISPConfig version is 3.0.5.4p4

##### VERSION CHECK #####

[INFO] php (cli) version is 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.4

##### PORT CHECK #####

[WARN] Port 143 (IMAP server) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 993 (IMAP server SSL) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 110 (POP3 server) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 995 (POP3 server SSL) seems NOT to be listening

##### MAIL SERVER CHECK #####

##### RUNNING SERVER PROCESSES #####

[INFO] I found the following web server(s):
            Apache 2 (PID 2350)
    [INFO] I found the following mail server(s):
            Postfix (PID 29685)
    [WARN] I could not determine which pop3 server is running.
    [WARN] I could not determine which imap server is running.
    [INFO] I found the following ftp server(s):
            PureFTP (PID 31309)
    Mail function is not configured on purpose!

If there is any information you need to help, contact me.

Edit: I can access Mailman Admin Page and Squirrelmail just fine so I guess something is wrong with the panel..

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems as if the onwer of some ispconfig files was changed on your server. Which exact error do you get in the suexec.log ?

3. SerethiX

SerethiX New Member

I knew I forgot sth ^^

here it goes!

Code:
    [2014-10-24 12:55:48]: uid: (1002/ispconfig) gid: (1003/ispconfig) cmd: .php-fcgi-starter
    [2014-10-24 12:55:48]: (13)Permission denied: exec failed (.php-fcgi-starter)

4. till

please post the output of:

ls -la /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/

5. SerethiX

SerethiX New Member

Code:
     ls -la /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/
    total 12
    drwxr-xr-x 2 ispconfig ispconfig 4096 Okt 24 11:47 .
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root      root      4096 Okt 24 11:47 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 ispconfig ispconfig  207 Okt 24 11:47 .php-fcgi-starter
    E: For me it seems normal

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. till

thats ok so far. Please check if / and /var and /var/www all have 'x' priveliges for 'other'.

7. SerethiX

SerethiX New Member

Yes they have, /var /var/www have the 7 at the end.
    can it be sth with the quota thing? I have this enabled on sda1 and sdb1 in fstab don't know if it's needed, but I think it is ;-)

Code:
    /dev/mapper/oghd--web--vg-root /               ext4    errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=quota.user,grpjquota=quota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0   $
    UUID=f8218ac6-7a8b-4391-9a3d-176f8fed17c9 /boot           ext2    defaults        0       2
    /dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0
    /dev/mapper/cryptswap1 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/sdb1       /var/www        ext3    rw,users,auto,usrjquota=quota.user,grpjquota=quota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2

8. till

quota should not be a problem. Do you have apparmor or selinux installed and enabled? maybe they block the excution of the fcgi starter.

9. SerethiX

SerethiX New Member

[ - ] apparmor
    it is registered as a service but not running, It's not a selinux Kernel

Edit 1: I tried a few reinstalls, all following the Documentation, all came up with the same Error in the end. so I guess it's nothing I did wrong.
    Also tried to use ext3 / ext4, nothing really changed anything.

Edit 2: Also tried using Debian Wheezy, using the Guide for it, same Error
    Could it be sth with my file system Setup?

I have /var/www mounted into another device. /dev/sdb1

I set Log LEvel to debug:
    Code:
    mod_fcgid: server <host>:/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/.php-fcgi-starter(29597) started
    suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details
    [Sat Oct 25 06:04:35 2014] [warn] [client <IP>] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: http://<FQDN>:8080/
    [Sat Oct 25 06:04:35 2014] [error] [client <IP>] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://<FQDN>:8080/
    suexec stayed the same.

It can't be, that I'm doing the same thing wrong everytime I install this thing ^^

who needs to own related directories?
    /var/www is still related to root and not www-data, I don't know if this is supposed to be...

I checked a lot of binaries, followed every possible symlink, they were all set with x to others.

Also I increased the memory by a few GB, but this was not blocking. What I've learned so far is not enough for this error...

After trying the hint in the last post (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60879) I got a new message:
    Code:
    mod_fcgid: process /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/.php-fcgi-starter(29899) exit(communication error), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 255

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  10. SerethiX

SerethiX New Member

Sorry for double posting, but I kinda gave up on this, after working through the whole night. :eek:

I reinstalled ISP Config using nginx and it works like a charm out of the box.
    For research I will try another install under debian wheezy wich apache2 and only a single partition, cause I have the feeling that it has to do with how I set things up.

Also it could be sth. in conjunction with vsphere I don't know.

If you want, till, you can help me with that to provide a proper solution for this issue so maybe others don't run into this.

But thanks for the help so far, this really gave me headache for three days already ^^