Amavisd.conf missing + Spamassassin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by juansa, Nov 3, 2014.

1. juansa

juansa New Member

I'm running ISPconfig 3.0.5.4p4 on Debian 7 with 1GB of ram and 2gb swap SSD.

1) I've followed every step in the PERFECT howto, but I'm missing /etc/amavisd.conf. How is that possible? How can it be running? what configuration is it using?
    There is this /etc/amavis/conf.d/ folder (notice there's no "d" at the end of amavis) but no amavisd.conf file anywhere. How can i fix this?

2) Since my server only has 1GB of RAM I want to set spamassassin as the standalone spam filter instead of having amavisd running. There are only 2 domains with 10 email accounts each so I guess it is the best choice. Does anyone know how to do that?

3) Does anyone know of an alternative to clamv? It's eating 300+ MB RAM.

Thanks

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. juansa

juansa New Member

Well thank you srijan for your feedback. My questions still stand:

1) I've followed every step in the PERFECT howto, but I'm missing /etc/amavisd.conf. How can i fix this?

2) I want to set spamassassin as the standalone spam filter instead of having amavisd running. Does anyone know how to do that?

3) Does anyone know of an alternative to clamv? Or how to use clamscan as standalone?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

On debian, the amavis configuration is in /etc/amavis/conf.d/ directory.

You cant do that in this setup. ispconfig uses and requires amavisd which uses spamassassin internally.

Clamav is invoked by amavis. using clamscan does not make much sense, it will just slow down your setup and will use much more ressources when mail arrives as using clamscan means that clamav is started again for each incoming email.

5. juansa

juansa New Member

Till, I guess I'll just go with the "Add memory" option then.
    Thank you guys!

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1GB RAM should be enough, its not that much but it should be ok for a few sites. How much swap does your server has?

7. juansa

juansa New Member

Swap is 2gb. I've done my best to finetune mysql & apache2, the server is now using 580MB after reboot which I guess is ok.

In your opinion and by no means I expect accuracy in your answer, how many small sites do you think such a server could host and have a decent performance? (web+php+mysql+relatively few accounts) Any ideas? 1-10? 10-50? 100?

8. MarekTrzynski

MarekTrzynski New Member

Please anyone will tell me how to block SPAM amavisd-new, im getting this a lot, any hints?

9. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This thread is 6 years old and your question is not related. Please create a new post.

10. MarekTrzynski

MarekTrzynski New Member