mailman headache

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Bikerepairman, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Bikerepairman

Bikerepairman New Member

Hi, I have installed ispconfig3 recently and all works fine. I wanted to create a mailinglist with mailman but I can't access it with domain.tld/cgi-bin/mailman. When I try I get a 404.

Mailman is working, since I get a mail from mailman when I change the password.
    following the link in that mail, domain.tld/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/maillijstje, I also get a 404... When I try with local_IP/cg-bin/mailman/admin/maillijstje, it does work, but some links refer to domain.tld

It must be something I overlooked is my best guess.
    suexec is off, cgi, perl and python is on.

(small edit to add more info)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Which server distribution your are using??

3. Bikerepairman

Bikerepairman New Member

I use ubuntu 12.xx

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

mailman is accessed either trough the IP address of the server or trugh the server hostname, you cant access it trough the website when the website ahs its wn cgi-bin.

5. Bikerepairman

Bikerepairman New Member

So I can't access it through the website when the website has it's own cgi-bin directory... I disabled cgi in the controlpanel and now I can access it through the website

6. Bikerepairman

Bikerepairman New Member

It all seems to work fine, but no posts are in the list. I have subscribed to the list, posted 2 messages through the list e-mail address, checked if they were withheld (awaiting moderation etc).

The list archive stays blank.

addition: I do get a digest mail with all posted things, but nothing in the archives list/mailinglist

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014