Autoinstaller ISPConfig script

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by diablo666, Mar 27, 2015.

1. diablo666

diablo666 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

till likes this.
  2. diablo666

Ok updated to 1.0.3, completelly automated except for the bug with dbconfig-common and phpmyadmin ;)
    Very satisfied for my work ;)

3. mehargags

mehargags New Member

Hi,
    thanks for your efforts...
    I ran your script on an OpenVZ Debian 7, All seems to be installed fine but I can't access the Admin panel at https://myIP:8080
    It says
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

The last few lines are :
    Code:
    Cloning into 'ispconfig3_roundcube'...
    remote: Counting objects: 1694, done.
    remote: Total 1694 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 1694
    Receiving objects: 100% (1694/1694), 416.15 KiB | 701 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (698/698), done.
    If you heaven't done yet add roundcube remtoe user in ISPConfig, with the following permission: Server functions - Client functions - Mail user functions - Mail alias functions - Mail spamfilter user functions - Mail spamfilter policy functions - Mail fetchmail functions - Mail spamfilter whitelist functions - Mail spamfilter blacklist functions - Mail user filter functions
    ./ispc3sysinstall.sh: line 569: nano: command not found
    Well done ISPConfig installed and configured correctly!! :D
    No you can connect to your ISPConfig installation ad https://domain.com:8080 or https://IP_ADDRESS:8080
    You can visit my GitHub profile at https://github.com/servisys/ispconfig_setup/

Can you please suggest what might have gone wrong ? I'm new to ISPconfig

4. diablo666

Some errors during install?

5. mehargags

mehargags New Member

Hi Matt,
    Supposedly No Errors.
    I just Googled and reached these threads here and here.
    and then issued these commands :
    Code:
    >a2enmod rewrite
    >a2enmod suexec
    >a2enmod include
    >a2enmod fcgid
    >service apache2 restart
    And it loaded the panel at IP:8080. While I didn't dive into what made it work, I guess Suexec probably did that.

6. diablo666

Thank you for debug, seems strange bit i'll try ad sono as i come home With openvz.

7. diablo666

I've checked the script, but at line 243 you can see

Code:
    a2enmod suexec rewrite ssl actions include dav_fs dav auth_digest fastcgi alias > /dev/null 2>&1
    service apache2 restart > /dev/null 2>&1
    so sound strange you had to do by hand after installation...
    I'll do a check as soon i can reach an OpenVZ box

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If I remember correctly I had issues in the past with a2enmod when you add too many modules in the same line, thats why we split that in the perfect server guide into 2 commands. So maybe the solution is just to call them one by one or to add not more then 2 or 3 modules in a single a2enmod command.

mehargags likes this.
  9. diablo666

Nice, feedback.
    I'll add one by one so.
    Thank you

10. diablo666

Ok splitted each command, should work fine now (if that was the problem).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    mehargags likes this.
  11. diablo666

I've found the problem you mentioned:
    Code:
    a2enmod fcgid
    was missing, i've added now in v.1.0.4, soon i'll pull to master so it's fixed.

mehargags likes this.
  12. mehargags

mehargags New Member

Matteo...
    I'm going to try your script again today... I was just wondering, the only thing missing and missing badly is an "automated" way/script to enable DKIM with ISPConfig.
    I followed some guides here & here but it was a mess (pardon my innocence) to fiddle with a beautiful "near perfect" install and butcher it up. Moreover, the mails stopped getting in after all that tinkering.

Matteo... May I request the insertion of DKIM plugin into ISPConfig to make your script all inclusive ?
    Thanks a ton for your script!

13. diablo666

Hi mehargags, thank you for your comment and your moral support! :)
    Sure, all request are welcome without any problem (if you can comment a comment to the Github project, so if someone has the solution right now he can integrate to my work).
    About DKIM, i've to study a bit how it works, i've just configured it on my servers at work with good results, but it's a bit complicated to automate.
    I'll give it a try anyway!

14. mehargags

mehargags New Member

Matteo...
    I will surely post the request on Git...
    Also today I installed again with your updated script... all went super smooth, no "forbidden" problems. Good Work!!!
    For DKIM, if you find it complicated to configure during install, you can have a separate small script! Do it in modules!
    But I'm sure it can be done within your Autoinstaller Script... Check the 2 links I sent!

15. gOOvER

gOOvER Member

I think this dkim patch is nothing for the Installscript.

I would ask @till to add it to ispconfig direct with a Featurerequest. ;)

Not everyone want a Patched ispconfig installation ;)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  16. till

The dkim patch is a backport of the dkim function from ispconfig 3.1. So it is already a prt of ispconfig.

gOOvER likes this.
  17. mehargags

mehargags New Member

@till,
    so you mean DKIM is available out -of-the box with ISPconfig ? I have a fresh 3.0.5.4p5
    I can't see any page/tab where I can setup DKIM for my Email domains, Can you help us with some specifi walk-through and screenshots ?

18. till

Please see my above post, the dkim patch is a backort from ispconfig 3.1 for older versions, you have the older version 3.0.5.4p5.

19. mehargags

mehargags New Member

Pardon my foolishness @till, being very new to ISPconfig ecosystem and fairly new to linux I do not completely understand how to install "backport from ISPConfig 3.1".

I'll be much grateful if you can write the steps here to have this "backport" installed on 3.0.5.4p5
    or
    should I be on 3.1 (dev i guess). Is it stable enough for production use ?

20. gOOvER

gOOvER Member

He wrote, that dkim is a Part of the upcoming 3.1 Version, which is still in Development :)