Wizard module (domain, mail domain, website, database, ftp, ssh creation wizard)

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by tio289, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Brano

Brano New Member

What about DNS record creation ? In this time I need just right this feature and lokking for best solution how to solve it.

2. tio289

tio289 Member

Hi Brano, DNS zone generation is planned. I am very busy now, so I don't have free time to work on this module. I'll look into this as soon as possible.

3. Brano

Brano New Member

Thank you, I hope it will be in short time. Until then we have to solve this in another way. Thanks

4. tio289

tio289 Member

You can contribute and help me :).

MicCo likes this.
  5. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Too bad the blue theme is selected again. Could you please changed it back to the default? Just wanted to see the progress :)

6. tio289

tio289 Member

Hi, demo working, module fixed to work with latest ispconfig dev version.

7. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Delete the Blue Theme :)

8. webguyz

Is there a readme or doc to explain what to do with wizard.zip after its downloaded?

9. tio289

tio289 Member

Hi, according to this docs http://docs.ispconfig.org/development/interface/ you need to unzip module. Inside module you find db.sql, which contains required db table. At the end, add wizard module to list of modules enabled for admin user (DB table sys_user, column modules)

10. webguyz

Thanks. Never installed a module before.

Will this work in current releases or only 3.1?

11. tio289

tio289 Member

Hi, I tested it only on latest dev version, which includes new bootstrap theme.

12. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Looking great! Fast and easy. Will there be more options added as a "default" website?

13. tio289

tio289 Member

Hi RHITNL, what you mean by "default" website?

14. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Hi Tio,
    Things I was thinking of is more options like;
    • creating a new client or choose an excisting one
    • at the new service page, an option to send by email or download as file (all the credentials)
    • as mentioned before, DNS setup. option to choose template
    I'm not complaining in any way because it looks brilliant but might be nice extra features.

15. Eugen87

Eugen87 New Member

Hi tio,
    i came across your new wizard a few days ago and have been testing it since jesterday on the 3.05 stable and the dev version.
    It seems the template creation function of the wizard does not work in the 3.05 stable version.
    But i was able to test the template creation function in the dev version and it looks really good, a good way to save time.
    Hope you can get the templatefunction running on the stable release as well.

Best regards.

Eugen

ahrasis likes this.
  16. tio289

tio289 Member

Module updated to work with latest 3.1-dev

till and webguyz like this.
  17. Ilko

Ilko New Member

Hi tio289,

great module. The only thing I am missing is the DNS creation. Maybe it will be easier to integrate it into the module using the built in DNS templates in ispconfig3. For example I have a template similar to this one:

https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-3-dns-templates

In the DNS template (using the DNS wizard when the template is selected) the user only specifies the domain name and all the DNS entries are added automatically. My point is ... when everything else is defined within the DNS template, the only variable is the domain name, which is already something the user selects into your module, so isn't it possible to add a tickbox (for example named: Create DNS) and when it is ticked in your module to use the DNS template to add DNS entries for the domain/website that is about to be added ...

18. Steinbruch

Steinbruch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi tio289,
    just came across this module - looks like it could be very helpful for my purposes.
    Does this work reliably on 3.0.5 with a multi-server setup? Does the module need to go only on the master server in this case?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

19. tio289

tio289 Member

Hi guys,

Ilko: When I find some time then I can implement DNS zone creation, I personally use it same way, preconfigured template with IP with just domain field.

Steinbruch: Actual version of this module works just with 3.1 dev release, because of new templates (HTML structure) and some new functions. I think, that 3.1 is nearly stable, so I don't maintain two versions and just focused on new one.
    About installation, yes, module have to be installed on server where is ispconfig interface, so on "master". I works with multiserver setup (I didn't test, but there is nothing why it is shouldn't work), internally it uses ispconfig "remoting" functions, so it is like you use soap api to create services.

20. Steinbruch

Steinbruch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks tio289,
    I guess I will give it a try when I set up a 3.1 test platform then - with our remaining users migrating off of confixx, it will be ever more helpful to have a simplified user setup like this available.
    Thanks,
    Jerry