Mailman mailing not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Chris00, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Chris00

Chris00 New Member

I am running ISPConfig 3 on Debian Wheezy. And I used the perfect server setup guide.
    I have created a new mailing list "Newsletter". I wanted to let users confirm their email address before being part of the mailing list.
    Clicking on the link works, but replying to the email or sending a new mail to newsletter-requestatmyserver didn't work as I have a catchall account and the mail is just routed to my mailbox. So I set the setting to approve only. But sending a mail to newsletter@myserver redirects it back to my inbox. How do I post to the mailing list? What settings can I adjust for mailman to see the mails?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It might be that you can't use a catchall together with mailing lists on the same domain. Try to disable the catchall.

3. Chris00

Chris00 New Member

Then I receive an error of User unknown in virtual mailbox table

4. Chris00

Chris00 New Member

I have followed the steps on http://freemars.org/howto/mailman.html. Now I receive all the mails in my inbox. Even the ones I send from my account comes through to my inbox. Any help will be appreciated

5. Chris00

Chris00 New Member

OK, So I finally got it working. Probably not the best way, but it works for me.
    I couldn't understand why each time I change mm_cfg.py it gets reverted back.
    I then changed /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/mm_cfg.py.master to suit my configuration.
    Code:
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/'

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'

DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'list.mydomain.com'

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.mydomain.com']
    OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS='yes'

And removed the etc/mailman/virtual_to_transport.sh line
    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
    Code:
    relay_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf, list.mydomain.com

relay_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relayrecipientmaps.cf, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf, hash:/etc/postfix/transport

Log into ISPConfig, create a email domain list.mydomain, create a mailing list for that domain, remove the mailing list.
    Run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases and newaliases. And now it is working