Dashboard that uses ISPConfig SOAP api

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by phamels, Aug 30, 2015.

?

Sounds interesting?

1. Sounds like a good idea, I'm interested.

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not really...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. phamels

phamels Member

I have been creating a dashboard that uses the ISPConfig SOAP api to make it easier for not so techy customers and give them a quick overview / limited control over their hosting.
    If there is any interest in this project, feel free to contact me.

Currently it is single server only support and if there is some interest/love for this project, I might consider making it publicly available.
    It's Laravel based and uses bootstrap making it completely responsive for mobile users as well.
    Currently it features the management of the client their websites, ftp users, databases and e-mail services.
    It has a basic support module that allows clients to file a ticket for support.
    Clients are created within the system (and can use oAuth for account creation)
    The clients on this separate dashboard can then be linked to the ISPConfig clients to see their own websites and will apply the client limits within this dashboard.

Attached Files:

2. Kadu

Kadu New Member

Genial!
    Continues!
    Let us know about the progress.

3. lollollollol

lollollollol Member

Great!
    I want to see the code now! :)

4. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Would like to see more!

5. victortruica

victortruica New Member

Pro - design, combined functionality
    And by combined functionality i'm referring to everything required for an account (ftp, db, mail etc) in a single click. This is what I decided to handle with my scripts mentioned here. Was this your idea with the dashboard ( or one of them) ?

Con - is there a real need ?
    if it leaves the customer/user to do the same things like in the ISPConfig3 dashboard, why not just use that ? And probably changing this project into a theme ?

6. Ilko

Ilko New Member

I think this Dashboard is very good idea. Many of the big hosting providers now, use the power of the cloud and such dashboards to provide hybrid services. You can customize such dashboard for multi servers inviorment (windows as well not only such with ISP config3) and add additional things / extend it so it can create MsSQL databases, manage IIS, application pools (simply told - you can combine it to manage more than 1 control panel and use it for hybrid cloud hosting), so this has huge pottential and is always worth developing.