Database & DB User List Empty After Import

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by dnieweg, Dec 31, 2015.

1. dnieweg

dnieweg New Member

Hello,
    Setup a new server with Debian (Jessie), MySQL 5.5.46 and ISPConfig 3.
    Imported all user website databases & users using mysql. All sites are running fine. No issue.
    I do notice that the list of databases & database users in ISPConfig 3 is empty however. I guess this is what I would expect since I imported the databases after installing ISPConfig.
    I performed a resync in ISPConfig, but it did not pick up any of the existing databases.
    I have the following questions:
    1) Is this normal behavior?
    2) If I add these 'existing' databases in ISPConfig, will it overwrite the existing databases?
    3) Is it standard practive to always add databases from within ISPConfig rather than creating them elsewhere?
    Thanks & Happy New Year!
    Dave

2. dnieweg

dnieweg New Member

I deleted this follow up as it was inaccurate. Original question still stands however. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes. You missed the most essential part of a ispconfig migration, the import of the dbispconfig database from the old server. When you search the forum for migrate ispconfig then you can find several posts with detailed step by step instructions for a server migration.

Import the dbispconfig database of your old server which contains the whole server config.

Only databases that do not belong to a website get added outside of ISPConfig.