Pear MDB on Fedora Core5 with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maxgen, Jul 18, 2006.

1. maxgen

maxgen New Member

I used the Fedora Core5 perfect setup to create an ISPConfig install and with some few issues have been running it successfully for months now. (thanks Falko - great work!!)

Now, in one of the webs I am creating I need the pear MDB package - however when I use "/pear install -o MDB" after the package is downloaded there is an XML parser download which stops and I get the following error:
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 92160 bytes) in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 179 (the line number varies between GUI and CLI)

Validator.php is only a pointer file for V2.php so the line number is no big deal. My main problem is that my lack of knowledge with Linux and expecially PHP pear. I need someone to point me in the right direction here>

Does anyone know if the error points toward a PHP issue or a config issue like the include path with the perfect setup/ISPConfig install. I just don't know where to start here - thanks in advance

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

This has nothing to do with ISPConfig. Open your php.ini file (the one for your command-line PHP) and increase memory_limit (now it's set to 8M).

3. maxgen

maxgen New Member

Solved

:)
    Yes thank you. I was confused about what was wrong due to the path/filename line number stuff.

To help any other 'newb' to avoid the same mistake - increase the memory in the (fedora core 5 install) php.ini at /etc/php.ini not the one for ispconfig.

Thanks again Falko :cool: