Openproject and ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gapa, Jan 28, 2016.

1. gapa

gapa New Member

Is it possible to run openproject.org with ispconfig? Anyone have any experiences?
    Thank you.
    Gapa

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ie. create a website via ispconfig in which to run openproject? Requirements are here, I don't know any reason why you couldn't: https://www.openproject.org/open-source/systemrequirements/

Not me.

3. gapa

gapa New Member

I have tried with automatic installation but stopped when asked about overriding apache conf files. And have also looked at manual installation but got confused when I would need to install node server. I think that Ispconfig and node don't work together. Any hint with that.

4. Locutus

Locutus New Member

Hi,
    I also want to install openProject parallel to ISPconfig.
    I did the manual installation, but as mentioned, openProject needs a custom Apache-conf file.
    it also realts on "passenger" for Apache as well as ruby.
    When everything is setup as told in the instructions, the browser will redirect to the first Website in the ISPConfig list.
    So I need a way, that Apache will accept my custom conf-file.

5. gapa

gapa New Member

I think that you could use "Apache Directives" in "web domain" under "options". And I think that you could also create file and put it in sites-enabled folder. You would need to use different file name otherwise ispconfig would override it. for example 001-test.com.vhost
    Otherwise your installation went ok? which system are you using?

6. luisdyablo619

luisdyablo619 New Member

Hi, Were you able to install them side by side?

7. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

node should be fine. we have a fully custom built site running in a normal vhost on ubuntu 18.04, ispconfig 3.1.13, php7.3 with node v8.10.0 and npm 3.5.2 working without any problems.
    node is installed globally and made available to jailkit ssh users with:
    Code:
    [node]
    comment = NodeJS
    executables = /usr/bin/npm, /usr/bin/node, /usr/bin/nodejs, /usr/local/bin/elmi-to-json
    directories = /usr/share/npm, /usr/lib/nodejs, /usr/local/lib/node_modules

all the websites files/code is downloaded using git clone / git pull and then built/compiled in place.

Jesse Norell likes this.