database not created?

Discussion in 'General' started by carpman, Feb 19, 2016.

1. carpman

carpman Member

I created a new database and user, these appear fine in ispconfig, but there is no correspnding db in /var/lib/mysql/ ?

any ideas?

thanks

2. carpman

carpman Member

checking logs i see

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/mysql_clientdb_plugin.inc.php

thing is i have not changed mysql root pw, and mytop still connects fine using exiting root password?

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

check the password in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

msqli is only in dev, right? maybe commit 6f97fc13 or commit 710dabf7 are related to (ie. fix) the problem here?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Mysqli is used since 3.0.5 in the server and interface part. Just the ispconfig installer had some old mysql calls that were not compatible with PHP 7 and these got replaced in dev a few weeks ago to be 100% php 7 compatible with ISPConfig 3.1

6. yoplait

yoplait Member

Hi there,
    It seems i have the same problem as you : i can't create a database user neither a database.
    I've just updated mysql-server from 5.5.46 to 5.5.47 on a debian 7.
    I can't see no log in /var/log/mysql.log (nothing appears here... i can't see where are my mysql logs :( ).
    Same as you, ispconfig says it's created on the interface, but i can't find the user in the mysql database "mysql->user" or "mysql->db".

The password in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf is the good one.

Till : you talked, in another thread, about the root rights, and they seem good as "all privileges" in phpmyadmin.

I don't know how to fix this problem...
    Please, do you have any clue? :(

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

8. yoplait

yoplait Member

It worked perfectly, you rule ;) .
    It was not a problem about mysql but with a dkim plugin i tested a few weeks ago.
    the server.php script were stopping with an error about that because the "enabled" plugin link was pointing on nothing (i deleted it).
    Thanks you so much, i keep this "debug thread" you've done, it was really helpfull.
    Continue your work on ispconfig, it's still great each time i use it !