Domains & users not mirrored

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by }{ugo, Feb 25, 2016.

1. }{ugo

}{ugo New Member

Hi again,
    I've said in Change ISPConfig master server that I had configured a replication between my servers, but I figured out that the domains/ftp_users (and probably other things) were not duplicated on my 3rd server.

Clients is duplicated, but not the others. Any ideas? :(

Thanks by advance!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Each server in ispconfig needs it's own database to keep treck of changes and to ensure that configuration transactions will work as there my be no newer data in the local database then the data that ispconfig replicates internally. In case that you used mysql mirroring to mirror a dbispconfig database and connected the third server to the same database instead of giving jim its own database and let ispconfig do the mirroring, then the replication must fail.

3. }{ugo

}{ugo New Member

Hi till,
    Thanks for your reply.

I replicated dbispconfig, but I don't use it, I use 3 differents db on each server.
    But the dbispconfig_c (for C server), is not filling with dbispconfig_b and dbispconfig_a informations. :/

4. till

Thats ok then.

Use debug mode to find out why. Most likely the ispcsrv database user of c3 is not able to connect to the master db. and please be aware that ispconfig replicates only new changes, data that you added before c3 was added dont gets replicated.

5. }{ugo

}{ugo New Member

The debug is just.. empty (lock and unlock, nothing else).
    So how can I get old domains/ftp on my new serv ? Do I have I to edit each domain?

6. till

Use the resync function: Tools > Resync in ISPConfig.

7. }{ugo

}{ugo New Member

Thanks! It worked... But... changed all my clients' folders owners on my A server...
    Really weird. Got to chmod +w for everyone to have my websites back quick... :/

Any ideas?

8. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Did you configured "Connect Linux userid to webid"?

9. }{ugo

}{ugo New Member

Yeah I did. All my server A folder are owned by 0 0 (root ?) now...

10. till

Which exact folder was changed? The client folder has to belong to the user root, the folder that is owned by the website folder is only the user with the name "web".

so, correct is:

/var = root
    /var/www = root
    /var/www/clients = root
    /var/www/clients/client0 = root
    /var/www/clients/client0/web3 = root
    /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web = user web3, group client0

so only the "web" folder is owned by the web user and client group.