Recommended PHP-Modules for WP/Joomla 3x/Magento hosting

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by felan, Jan 26, 2016.

1. felan

felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am wondering what php modules you guys find most useful or nneeded with these CMS systems or just in general for a Debian 8.3 / ISPConfig 3.1BETA installation?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you follow the perfect server guide, then all these cms should work out of the box.

3. felan

Did that, but wanted to know if there were any others, that could help out with functionality and speed.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Installing PHP modules that are not required by a cms will just make PHP bloated and will slow it down, so I won't recommend to install modules that the cms systems on your server don't need.

If you like to make the php processing faster, then install PHP 7 as additional PHP version:

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/install-php-7-on-debian-8-jessie/

5. felan

Thanks. I'll take a look at that :)

6. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

7. felan

webguyz: Nice, but already using fail2ban, maldetect and other security measures :) What I was looking for, were options to add functionality on the server for some plugins, using PHP.

8. Andrea Dobson

Andrea Dobson New Member

Felan, you can also add caches like redis and memcached for increasing your site speed too. Hosting which I am using i.e. Cloudways have provided me these caches along with varnish and Nginx when I have run my server for the first time. When I deployed my site to there it increases my site load time a lot.