Got 530 Login authentication failed when login through FTP

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Makkanimation, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Makkanimation

Makkanimation New Member

I don´t know whats happening. After Re-starting my Ubuntu server my all FTP stop working and give 530 error.
    https://ma.juii.net/blog/fix-ispconfig-ftp-logins

But again no result.
    I also run system log: tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog

I got the below error. please tell how to resolve it
    Apr 9 09:40:35 server pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from 182.74.157.226
    Apr 9 09:40:35 server pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [user] [cg_test]
    Apr 9 09:40:35 server pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [pass] [<*>]
    Apr 9 09:40:35 server pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [ERROR] The SQL server seems to be down [Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)]
    Apr 9 09:40:35 server pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] PAM_RHOST enabled. Getting the peer address
    Apr 9 09:40:41 server pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [cg_test]

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to restart mysql. according to the log, it was not running.

3. Makkanimation

Makkanimation New Member

I restart mysql. My mysql is working fine. but ftp is not working

4. till

Do you still get the same error? If yes, then mysql is not reachable trough the localhost IP 127.0.0.1 which means you have an error in your mysql configuration e.g. you accidently bound to an external Ip only ot in your network configuration.

5. Makkanimation

Makkanimation New Member

My mysql is working on another ip. why it ask for 127.0.0.1. I uploading image which shows my.cnf file
    mysql.png

6. Makkanimation

Makkanimation New Member

you mean to say i have to change bind-address to 127.0.0.1 ?

7. till

MySQL should always be bound to localhost as well as all mysql tools and all software on your server thats uses mysql expects this. Comment out the bind-address line and restart mysql, this will make mysql listen on localhost and the external IP.

8. Makkanimation

Makkanimation New Member

Thanks Till. its working. You really rock.

9. imort

imort New Member

Looking at yout log it's obviously the MySQL server problem
    You need to check if it's up and running first.
    You can check it with this command:
    Code:
    mysql -h localhost -uroot -p

You should be able to connect to the MySQL console.
    If not then you need to check MySQL config first and of course check that it's running with the 'service mysql status' command.

Best regards