Is this article applicable to ISPConfig 3?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by malaperdas, Apr 29, 2016.

?

How much do you worry about your Linux web server?

Poll closed May 6, 2016.
  1. Very

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Paranoid Mode

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. malaperdas

malaperdas New Member

Hi there,
    I found this article, about 13 Apache Security and Hardening Tips (can't link it, search it), and I was wondering if it necessary or if it may break something within ISPConfig?

I just started using ISPConfig, because I needed a fast way to include a mail server with my old VPS which was only for web hosting (without control panels).

I used to implenent some of these listicles for securing some stuff on the server (I'm not an expert when it comes to security for web servers, still learning)

Now that it is up and running I want some tips on securing it, mind you it is a low end VPS with DigitalOcean (1vCore,1GB RAM) and I have already disabled clamav,spamassassin, and amavis to free up some resource, I don't worry much right now from spam, I will re-enable them as soon as I upgrade the Droplet to 2GB Ram or more.

Right now I need fail2ban configured. I used to implement it from the resources over at DigitalOcean. Can I follow these guides again for an ISPConfig installation? Will it break anything? The articles are for protecting SSH and Apache with fail2ban (can't link yet)

Any help on this topic with links to articles will be much appreciated.

:D

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. malaperdas

malaperdas New Member

What if it is already installed? :D

4. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

if already installed, then just use the settings given from the tutorial to re-configure it.